Isschan Nicholls killing in Bow: Man arrested released without charges
A man arrested over the death of an 18-year-old killed in a fight, involving up to 15 people, two years ago has been released without charges.
Police continue to appeal for information and have put up a �20,000 reward for any information leading to the identification, arrest and prosecution of those responsible for the attack on Isschan Nicholls.
Police were called at about 9.10pm on January 13 in 2010 to reports of a fight in Parnell Road.
Officers discovered two male teenagers nearby suffering from stab wounds.
Isschan, of Poplar, died two days later in hospital and a post-mortem gave the cause of death as stab wounds to the abdomen and thigh. The second victim, aged 17, was treated and discharged.
You may also want to watch:
The fight involved weapons such as baseball bats and pieces of wood, and a number of weapons were recovered, including what police believe was the knife used to stab Isschan.
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8721 4054 or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 2 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 3 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 4 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 5 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 6 Unmesh Desai: British Bangladeshi community is important part of the East End
- 7 Shops reopening after lockdown now fear council rent hikes
- 8 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
Seventeen other people were arrested during the course of the enquiry with no further action taken against any of them.