Isschan Nicholls killing in Bow: Man arrested released without charges
A man arrested over the death of an 18-year-old killed in a fight, involving up to 15 people, two years ago has been released without charges.
Police continue to appeal for information and have put up a �20,000 reward for any information leading to the identification, arrest and prosecution of those responsible for the attack on Isschan Nicholls.
Police were called at about 9.10pm on January 13 in 2010 to reports of a fight in Parnell Road.
Officers discovered two male teenagers nearby suffering from stab wounds.
Isschan, of Poplar, died two days later in hospital and a post-mortem gave the cause of death as stab wounds to the abdomen and thigh. The second victim, aged 17, was treated and discharged.
The fight involved weapons such as baseball bats and pieces of wood, and a number of weapons were recovered, including what police believe was the knife used to stab Isschan.
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8721 4054 or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 2 Archie Battersbee case to be reconsidered in High Court
- 3 £28k worth of illegal tobacco seized from containers and shops during raids
- 4 Arrest of 'Ilford kingpin' sparked ‘biggest ever' Channel crossings crack down
- 5 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 6 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 7 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 8 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 9 1888 Match Girls’ Strike marked with blue plaque in east London
- 10 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
Seventeen other people were arrested during the course of the enquiry with no further action taken against any of them.