Jailed: Bethnal Green drug dealer caught at station with cash and stash
- Credit: BTP
A drug dealer from Bethnal Green who was caught with cannabis, crack cocaine and heroin at a train station has been jailed for 40 months.
Officers found the stash and a large amount of cash on Akel Isaac, 28, of Bishops Way, after being called to Crawley train station to a report of a man selling drugs.
He was given two 40-month sentences for possessing with intent to supply heroin and crack cocaine, and six months for possessing cannabis, to run concurrent, after pleading guilty at Lewes Crown Court.
Isaac must also pay a £170 victim surcharge.
Pc Imogen Sweeney said: “Thank you to my colleagues at Brighton and Gatwick for helping with this investigation on the day Isaac was in custody.
You may also want to watch:
“A charging decision would not have been obtained in time without their help.
“Isaac has been in prison since the day he was arrested and I hope the sentence sends out a strong message that we will deal robustly with drug dealers on the rail network.”
- 1 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 2 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face marks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 6 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 7 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 8 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Jailed: Smash-and-grab perfume raiders get 18 years between them