Jailed: Bethnal Green drug dealer caught at station with cash and stash
- Credit: BTP
A drug dealer from Bethnal Green who was caught with cannabis, crack cocaine and heroin at a train station has been jailed for 40 months.
Officers found the stash and a large amount of cash on Akel Isaac, 28, of Bishops Way, after being called to Crawley train station to a report of a man selling drugs.
He was given two 40-month sentences for possessing with intent to supply heroin and crack cocaine, and six months for possessing cannabis, to run concurrent, after pleading guilty at Lewes Crown Court.
Isaac must also pay a £170 victim surcharge.
Pc Imogen Sweeney said: “Thank you to my colleagues at Brighton and Gatwick for helping with this investigation on the day Isaac was in custody.
You may also want to watch:
“A charging decision would not have been obtained in time without their help.
“Isaac has been in prison since the day he was arrested and I hope the sentence sends out a strong message that we will deal robustly with drug dealers on the rail network.”
- 1 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 2 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 3 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 9 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 10 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races