Jailed: Bethnal Green drug dealer caught at station with cash and stash
- Credit: BTP
A drug dealer from Bethnal Green who was caught with cannabis, crack cocaine and heroin at a train station has been jailed for 40 months.
Officers found the stash and a large amount of cash on Akel Isaac, 28, of Bishops Way, after being called to Crawley train station to a report of a man selling drugs.
He was given two 40-month sentences for possessing with intent to supply heroin and crack cocaine, and six months for possessing cannabis, to run concurrent, after pleading guilty at Lewes Crown Court.
Isaac must also pay a £170 victim surcharge.
Pc Imogen Sweeney said: “Thank you to my colleagues at Brighton and Gatwick for helping with this investigation on the day Isaac was in custody.
You may also want to watch:
“A charging decision would not have been obtained in time without their help.
“Isaac has been in prison since the day he was arrested and I hope the sentence sends out a strong message that we will deal robustly with drug dealers on the rail network.”
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided