Jailed: Bethnal Green drug dealer caught at station with cash and stash
- Credit: BTP
A drug dealer from Bethnal Green who was caught with cannabis, crack cocaine and heroin at a train station has been jailed for 40 months.
Officers found the stash and a large amount of cash on Akel Isaac, 28, of Bishops Way, after being called to Crawley train station to a report of a man selling drugs.
He was given two 40-month sentences for possessing with intent to supply heroin and crack cocaine, and six months for possessing cannabis, to run concurrent, after pleading guilty at Lewes Crown Court.
Isaac must also pay a £170 victim surcharge.
Pc Imogen Sweeney said: “Thank you to my colleagues at Brighton and Gatwick for helping with this investigation on the day Isaac was in custody.
“A charging decision would not have been obtained in time without their help.
“Isaac has been in prison since the day he was arrested and I hope the sentence sends out a strong message that we will deal robustly with drug dealers on the rail network.”
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 ‘Manhattanisation’ of Isle of Dogs concerns residents