Jailed: Bethnal Green man who ran down neighbour and his family in party noise row
- Credit: Met Police
This is the shocking moment a Bethnal Green man ran down a neighbour who complained about noise at a party, hitting three of his own family.
Footage shows Yasin Ahmed, 23, of Florida Street, trying to scare the victim by reversing at him and then driving into him at speed.
The brutal attack broke the man’s ribs, left the family members with minor injuries and was “just feet away” from hitting a number of young children, police said.
Ahmed was today sentenced to six years and nine months’ in prison after pleading guilty to grievous bodily harm with intent, dangerous driving and three counts of assault.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard how at about 8.15pm on Monday, August 7, Ahmed was at a party in Gaverick Mews, Isle of Dogs, when the neighbour complained.
You may also want to watch:
Ahmed was also disqualified from driving for five years and ordered to pay a £170 victim surcharge.
- 1 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 2 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 10 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road