Jailed: Bethnal Green man who ran down neighbour and his family in party noise row
- Credit: Met Police
This is the shocking moment a Bethnal Green man ran down a neighbour who complained about noise at a party, hitting three of his own family.
Footage shows Yasin Ahmed, 23, of Florida Street, trying to scare the victim by reversing at him and then driving into him at speed.
The brutal attack broke the man’s ribs, left the family members with minor injuries and was “just feet away” from hitting a number of young children, police said.
Ahmed was today sentenced to six years and nine months’ in prison after pleading guilty to grievous bodily harm with intent, dangerous driving and three counts of assault.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard how at about 8.15pm on Monday, August 7, Ahmed was at a party in Gaverick Mews, Isle of Dogs, when the neighbour complained.
You may also want to watch:
Ahmed was also disqualified from driving for five years and ordered to pay a £170 victim surcharge.
- 1 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 4 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 7 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 8 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 9 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike