Jailed: Bethnal Green man who ran down neighbour and his family in party noise row
- Credit: Met Police
This is the shocking moment a Bethnal Green man ran down a neighbour who complained about noise at a party, hitting three of his own family.
Footage shows Yasin Ahmed, 23, of Florida Street, trying to scare the victim by reversing at him and then driving into him at speed.
The brutal attack broke the man’s ribs, left the family members with minor injuries and was “just feet away” from hitting a number of young children, police said.
Ahmed was today sentenced to six years and nine months’ in prison after pleading guilty to grievous bodily harm with intent, dangerous driving and three counts of assault.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard how at about 8.15pm on Monday, August 7, Ahmed was at a party in Gaverick Mews, Isle of Dogs, when the neighbour complained.
You may also want to watch:
Ahmed was also disqualified from driving for five years and ordered to pay a £170 victim surcharge.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze