Jailed: Bethnal Green man who ran down neighbour and his family in party noise row
- Credit: Met Police
This is the shocking moment a Bethnal Green man ran down a neighbour who complained about noise at a party, hitting three of his own family.
Footage shows Yasin Ahmed, 23, of Florida Street, trying to scare the victim by reversing at him and then driving into him at speed.
The brutal attack broke the man’s ribs, left the family members with minor injuries and was “just feet away” from hitting a number of young children, police said.
Ahmed was today sentenced to six years and nine months’ in prison after pleading guilty to grievous bodily harm with intent, dangerous driving and three counts of assault.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard how at about 8.15pm on Monday, August 7, Ahmed was at a party in Gaverick Mews, Isle of Dogs, when the neighbour complained.
You may also want to watch:
Ahmed was also disqualified from driving for five years and ordered to pay a £170 victim surcharge.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 5 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift