Jailed cop caught by CCTV lying after Limehouse road crash is dismissed from Met Police
- Credit: MPS
A police officer jailed for perverting justice following a car crash in Limehouse when he pretended to be the driver has been dismissed from the service.
Miladur Khan was covering for his brother who didn’t have motor insurance to drive, but was caught out on CCTV camera in Burdett Road showing he was a passenger.
The 30-year-old who was attached to the Met’s East Area Command was given six months by a judge at Southwark Crown Court in May after admitting perverting justice.
A car crash involving two vehicles was caught on a traffic camera in Burdett Road on June 29 last year.
Pc Khan, 30, claimed to be the driver, but the footage from Tower Hamlets Council’s monitoring centre at Millwall showed he was a passenger at the time of the crash. He later admitted protecting his brother who had no driving insurance and was suspended from duty.
You may also want to watch:
Khan later faced a Scotland Yard misconduct hearing and found guilty of breaching standards of professional behaviour “in such a serious way that this amounted to gross misconduct”. He was dismissed without notice.
His brother was banned for six months and fined £200 by Thames magistrates on April 12 for driving without insurance.
- 1 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 2 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 3 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 5 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 6 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 7 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 8 Thames Path voted UK's No one for walking — even if blocked in places
- 9 Bidding for Harry Kane's signed jersey open in Wapping Youth FC auction
- 10 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty