Jailed: East Ham man who rammed police car during escape bid on the Isle of Dogs
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
An East Ham man who rammed his car into a police vehicle as he fled officers on the Isle of Dogs has been jailed.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard Asaduz Zaman, 35, of Southend Road, smashed into the police car during a wheel spin as he sped away from officers who tried to pull him over on June 22.
After crashing into the front offside bumper of the police vehicle he drove off and was pursued by officers for a short period.
In an attempted to shrug off the police Zaman abandoned his car and tried to escape on foot but was caught and arrested.
Last Friday he was convicted of dangerous driving and jailed for 11 months.
You may also want to watch:
He has also been disqualified from driving for two years.
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 9 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 10 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings