Pair jailed after man in Stepney shot in feud over woman
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been jailed after a 21-year-old man was shot in a feud over a woman in Stepney.
Kasru Abdul, 23, of Raine Street, Wapping, and Arif Ahmed, 21, Durward Street, Whitechapel, were convicted of possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life following the shooting in Ernest Street, on September 2016.
The Old Bailey heard the victim suffered a serious leg injury which required surgery following the shooting which took place on a busy housing estate in broad daylight.
Jurors were told the motive was a gang-related feud over a female.
Abdul was jailed for 17 years and Ahmed was given 15 years.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Barry Hart, who led on the investigation, said: “Two violent and dangerous individuals have been taken off the capital’s street, which is excellent news for Londoners.”
Last year Abdul was jailed for running a drugs ‘hotline’ in the Hoxton area.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 2 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 3 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 4 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 5 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 6 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 7 Shops reopening after lockdown now fear council rent hikes
- 8 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 9 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 10 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion