Pair jailed after man in Stepney shot in feud over woman
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been jailed after a 21-year-old man was shot in a feud over a woman in Stepney.
Kasru Abdul, 23, of Raine Street, Wapping, and Arif Ahmed, 21, Durward Street, Whitechapel, were convicted of possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life following the shooting in Ernest Street, on September 2016.
The Old Bailey heard the victim suffered a serious leg injury which required surgery following the shooting which took place on a busy housing estate in broad daylight.
Jurors were told the motive was a gang-related feud over a female.
Abdul was jailed for 17 years and Ahmed was given 15 years.
Detective Sergeant Barry Hart, who led on the investigation, said: “Two violent and dangerous individuals have been taken off the capital’s street, which is excellent news for Londoners.”
Last year Abdul was jailed for running a drugs ‘hotline’ in the Hoxton area.
- 1 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 4 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 5 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 6 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 7 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 8 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 9 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed