Jailed: Stepney 19-year-old who robbed teenagers of their bikes
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A Stepney teenager who robbed two 16-year-olds of their bikes has been sentenced to two and a half years in a young offenders’ institute.
Jayden Roper, 19, of Coltman Street, was handed the term last Friday after being found guilty of two counts of robbery after a four-day trial.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard how on June 18 Roper threatened two 16-year-old boys before pushing one off his bike and stealing both vehicles with the help of another male.
Roper, who had a previous conviction for robbery, was quickly identified an arrested three days later. He was subsequently charged.
The second suspect remains at large.
You may also want to watch:
Police ask anyone with information that could help their investigation to call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Jailed: Smash-and-grab perfume raiders get 18 years between them
- 6 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 7 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 8 Appeal for dashcam footage following stabbing in Stepney churchyard
- 9 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 10 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion