Jailed: Stepney 19-year-old who robbed teenagers of their bikes
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A Stepney teenager who robbed two 16-year-olds of their bikes has been sentenced to two and a half years in a young offenders’ institute.
Jayden Roper, 19, of Coltman Street, was handed the term last Friday after being found guilty of two counts of robbery after a four-day trial.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard how on June 18 Roper threatened two 16-year-old boys before pushing one off his bike and stealing both vehicles with the help of another male.
Roper, who had a previous conviction for robbery, was quickly identified an arrested three days later. He was subsequently charged.
The second suspect remains at large.
You may also want to watch:
Police ask anyone with information that could help their investigation to call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning