Jailed: Stepney man who imprisoned escort in his flat and raped her four times
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A Stepney man who imprisoned an escort in a flat, raped her four times and leapt from a seventh storey window to evade arrest has been jailed for 12 years.
Ahad Ali was sentenced yesterday at Woolwich Crown Court for a series of rape, sexual and violent offences after making a booking with the victim online.
The 21-year-old from Sidney Street had previously lied in a police interview that she made up the allegations but was convicted by a jury on August 25.
The victim, aged in her 40s, was working for an escort agency and went to Ali’s flat on February 13 at 9pm.
Once she was inside, Ali pushed her into his bedroom and locked the door.
He then grabbed her by the hair and held a knife to her throat before raping her four times; threatening to kill her if she did not do what he said.
The victim managed to call a taxi driver when Ali briefly left the room and screamed for help before he grabbed the phone off her.
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
The cabbie called police to the address and officers forced entry to the flat.
In a desperate bid to escape arrest, Ali jumped from a window, fracturing his arm and leg in the fall.
But he was arrested and charged after spending 10 days in hospital.
Ali was found guilty of four counts of rape, one charge of false imprisonment, one charge of threats to kill and one charge of sexual assault by penetration.
Officers from the Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command “built up a strong case” against him after taking statements from the victim and the taxi driver, the Met said.
Mobile phone analysis was also used to support the victim’s account.
Investigation lead DC Stav Georgiou-Moran said: “Ahad Ali is a predatory individual who targeted a vulnerable female. This was a premeditated, violent attack that involved the use of a large knife to threaten the victim.
“I would like to praise the courage and bravery of the victim in giving evidence against the defendant. Anyone who has been the victim of sexual violence is advised to tell someone they trust or inform the police.”