Jailed: Violent pair who carried out armed car-jacking in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
Two thugs who carried out a violent robbery and car-jacking on three men in Poplar have been jailed.
Tyler Winmill, 21, of Carmen Street, Poplar, and a 16-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, threatened their victims with a knife after spotting them sitting in a car on Upper North Street.
The courts heard the three men were dragged out of the car and assaulted before Winmill and the youth drove off in the vehicle with their victims’ possessions on March 31 this year.
The pair were caught in the car the following the day when Winwill failed to stop when he was flagged down by police who had been altered it was stolen.
A pursuit took place and both were arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Both were convicted of robbery and today Winwill was jailed for six-and-a-half years and the boy must serve five-and-a-half years in a youth offenders’ institute.
- 1 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 2 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 3 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 4 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 5 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 6 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 9 Bidding for Harry Kane's signed jersey open in Wapping Youth FC auction
- 10 Thames Path voted UK's No one for walking — even if blocked in places