Jailed: Violent pair who carried out armed car-jacking in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
Two thugs who carried out a violent robbery and car-jacking on three men in Poplar have been jailed.
Tyler Winmill, 21, of Carmen Street, Poplar, and a 16-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, threatened their victims with a knife after spotting them sitting in a car on Upper North Street.
The courts heard the three men were dragged out of the car and assaulted before Winmill and the youth drove off in the vehicle with their victims’ possessions on March 31 this year.
The pair were caught in the car the following the day when Winwill failed to stop when he was flagged down by police who had been altered it was stolen.
A pursuit took place and both were arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Both were convicted of robbery and today Winwill was jailed for six-and-a-half years and the boy must serve five-and-a-half years in a youth offenders’ institute.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 3 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 4 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 5 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 8 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 9 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 10 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones