Jailed: Violent pair who carried out armed car-jacking in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
Two thugs who carried out a violent robbery and car-jacking on three men in Poplar have been jailed.
Tyler Winmill, 21, of Carmen Street, Poplar, and a 16-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, threatened their victims with a knife after spotting them sitting in a car on Upper North Street.
The courts heard the three men were dragged out of the car and assaulted before Winmill and the youth drove off in the vehicle with their victims’ possessions on March 31 this year.
The pair were caught in the car the following the day when Winwill failed to stop when he was flagged down by police who had been altered it was stolen.
A pursuit took place and both were arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Both were convicted of robbery and today Winwill was jailed for six-and-a-half years and the boy must serve five-and-a-half years in a youth offenders’ institute.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals