Joel Adesina trial: Man cleared of murdering Dagenham teenager in Bethnal Green
- Credit: Archant
An Old Bailey jury found a Romford man not guilty of murdering 15-year-old Joel Adesina today.
Georgie Phillips, 20, of Hood Walk, Romford was cleared of murdering the Wood Lane teenager, who died of a stab wound to the liver on December 6 last year.
His death followed a confrontation in Bethnal Green’s Padbury Court on December 5.
During the trial, the court heard how Phillips had followed Joel and friend Adam Meragan in a blue Mercedes to Padbury Court after one of Joel’s group threw an object at his car.
Phillips, who pleaded not guilty to murder, said he was not carrying a knife on the night and was unaware of any of the four passengers in his car carrying weapons.
You may also want to watch:
He was acquitted today at 2.50pm by a jury after 13 hours and 10 minutes of deliberation.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 9 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
- 10 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff