Joel Adesina trial: Man cleared of murdering Dagenham teenager in Bethnal Green
- Credit: Archant
An Old Bailey jury found a Romford man not guilty of murdering 15-year-old Joel Adesina today.
Georgie Phillips, 20, of Hood Walk, Romford was cleared of murdering the Wood Lane teenager, who died of a stab wound to the liver on December 6 last year.
His death followed a confrontation in Bethnal Green’s Padbury Court on December 5.
During the trial, the court heard how Phillips had followed Joel and friend Adam Meragan in a blue Mercedes to Padbury Court after one of Joel’s group threw an object at his car.
Phillips, who pleaded not guilty to murder, said he was not carrying a knife on the night and was unaware of any of the four passengers in his car carrying weapons.
You may also want to watch:
He was acquitted today at 2.50pm by a jury after 13 hours and 10 minutes of deliberation.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Police called as furious families told to quit Bow's 'dangerous' block
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift