Bethnal Green road rage knifeman due to be sentenced today
- Credit: Archant
A man filmed waving a knife at a van driver in Bethnal Green is due to be sentenced today.
Keith Driver has already admitted possession of a knife and a public order offence following the road rage incident in Temple Street on December 16.
A video showing Driver brandishing the knife was uploaded on social media websites and was shared thousands of times by users.
Driver threatens one of the two men in the van and screams obscenities before he pulls out the knife and jabs at the window.
He is also seen kicking the door of the vehicle several times.
You may also want to watch:
The 50-year-old, of Cobden House in Nelson Gardens, Bethnal Green, was placed on a curfew ahead of sentencing.
He was due to be sentenced last month but it was adjourned until today for psychiatric reports.
- 1 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 4 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 7 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 8 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 9 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
He is now due to be sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court.