Appeal after Langdon Park DLR knife attack
- Credit: BTP
Police investigating a knife attack at Langdon Park DLR station have released a picture of a woman they would like to speak to.
Detectives continue to appeal for information after a woman is reported to have hit a man as he got off a train before lunging at him with a knife she had concealed.
They wrestled for control of the knife, which fell to the floor before the victim picked it up and ran out of the station, with the woman chasing him.
Det Con Hannah Ayling,said: “This was a violent attack at a prominent public place. Thankfully, it is not believed the victim sustained any serious injuries, but this could easily have not been the case."
Anyone who witnessed the incident, which happened just before 9.30pm on Sunday, September 20, or who recognises the woman in the picture is asked to come forward.
Text British Transport Police on 61016 or call 0800 40 50 40, quoting reference 2000064928, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 2 Bow man appears in court charged with murder after body found in cemetery
- 3 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
- 4 New Kray twins book to explore lives of gangsters 'aside from the crimes'
- 5 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 6 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 7 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 8 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 9 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 10 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute