Appeal after Langdon Park DLR knife attack
- Credit: BTP
Police investigating a knife attack at Langdon Park DLR station have released a picture of a woman they would like to speak to.
Detectives continue to appeal for information after a woman is reported to have hit a man as he got off a train before lunging at him with a knife she had concealed.
They wrestled for control of the knife, which fell to the floor before the victim picked it up and ran out of the station, with the woman chasing him.
Det Con Hannah Ayling,said: “This was a violent attack at a prominent public place. Thankfully, it is not believed the victim sustained any serious injuries, but this could easily have not been the case."
Anyone who witnessed the incident, which happened just before 9.30pm on Sunday, September 20, or who recognises the woman in the picture is asked to come forward.
Text British Transport Police on 61016 or call 0800 40 50 40, quoting reference 2000064928, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 7 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man