Laughing acid attacker from Stepney Green jailed for 16 years
- Credit: Archant
A man who laughed as he poured acid over a mother’s head as she picked her children up from school has been jailed for 16 years.
Abdul Motin, of Stepney Green, was one of three attackers who targeted their victim as she collected her six-year-old twin sons from school in Upton Park, Newham.
His victim was left with chemical burns on her face, scalp, chest and back after the attack from 28-year-old Motin, of Dagobert House in Smithy Street.
Her children escaped serious injury. One had his satchel burned, while another child in the vicinity had her anorak damaged by the acid.
The woman was taken to the Royal London Hospital after the attack, in March 2011, and still receives treatment to alleviate the discomfort she experiences daily.
Det Insp John Reynolds, of the Metropolitan Police, said: “This was a truly shocking attack on a mother who had her two very young children with her at the time.
“The victim in this case is entirely innocent but will now spend the rest of her life having to adjust to the severe disfigurement inflicted on her.”
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 3 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 4 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 5 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 6 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 7 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 8 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 10 O2 Centre climb: Entertaining with fantastic panoramic views of London
Motin was sentenced alongside Yannick Ntesa, from west London, and Ahad Miah of no fixed address at Blackfriars Crown Court on Friday. The three men were all found guilty of conspiracy to cause Grievous Bodily Harm and throwing corrosive fluid on another with intent to cause GBH.