Laughing acid attacker from Stepney Green jailed for 16 years
- Credit: Archant
A man who laughed as he poured acid over a mother’s head as she picked her children up from school has been jailed for 16 years.
Abdul Motin, of Stepney Green, was one of three attackers who targeted their victim as she collected her six-year-old twin sons from school in Upton Park, Newham.
His victim was left with chemical burns on her face, scalp, chest and back after the attack from 28-year-old Motin, of Dagobert House in Smithy Street.
Her children escaped serious injury. One had his satchel burned, while another child in the vicinity had her anorak damaged by the acid.
The woman was taken to the Royal London Hospital after the attack, in March 2011, and still receives treatment to alleviate the discomfort she experiences daily.
Det Insp John Reynolds, of the Metropolitan Police, said: “This was a truly shocking attack on a mother who had her two very young children with her at the time.
“The victim in this case is entirely innocent but will now spend the rest of her life having to adjust to the severe disfigurement inflicted on her.”
- 1 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 2 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 3 Bow man charged after Dagenham stabbing given court date
- 4 Convicted: Met special constable who assaulted man in custody
- 5 Reports of man 'carrying metal pole' in Isle of Dogs
- 6 2021: London teenage homicides reach highest level since records began
- 7 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 8 Teenager 'punched, kicked' by three men at DLR station
- 9 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021
- 10 All aboard: Seven quirky houseboats to try this year in London
Motin was sentenced alongside Yannick Ntesa, from west London, and Ahad Miah of no fixed address at Blackfriars Crown Court on Friday. The three men were all found guilty of conspiracy to cause Grievous Bodily Harm and throwing corrosive fluid on another with intent to cause GBH.