Limehouse murder: Victim named as Karolina Chwiluk as police hunt for her ex-boyfriend
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a triple stabbing in Limehouse which left a woman dead have named her ex-boyfriend as a suspect.
The victim, 20-year-old Karolina Chwiluk, died after she was attacked last night alongside friends she was visiting at a flat in Dora Street which they lived in with her former partner Grzesiek Kosiec.
Paramedics and police were called to the scene just before 11pm where Karolina was pronounced dead.
The two other victims, a man aged 24 and a 42-year-old woman were rushed to hospital where they were treated for non-life threatening injuries and later discharged.
Officers would like to speak to Kosiec, a 23-year-old Polish national, in connection with the killing and are warning the public he could be violent.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Inspector Chris Jones, who is investigating the murder, said:
“I would like to speak to Kosiec about the murder of Karolina. He was last seen at the house where she and two others who were trying to protect her were stabbed.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 4 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 5 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 6 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 7 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 8 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Three held after shots reportedly fired at house in Bethnal Green
“It may be that friends of Kosiec who do not realise what has happened are giving him a place to stay, or other help. If that is the case, I’d urge them to get in contact with us as soon as possible.
“If you see Kosiec, or have information about where he may be, please contact us. He is known to work in south London and to have links to the N17 and N18 areas of north London.
“Given what took place at Dora Street that night, I have every reason to believe that he is violent, and so would ask anyone who sees him to call police immediately.”
Kosiec is white, 5ft 10ins in height and of skinny build with brown hair usually worn in a top knot.
He was last seen wearing black jogging bottoms and a dark t-shirt.
Anyone with any information is urged to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3734, or if you see Kosiec dial 999.