Limehouse residents left petrified over air gun pot shots
Terrified residents were targeted by a teenager who used an air rifle to take pot shots from a window on Tuesday night.
A 17-year-old youth - who cannot be named for legal reasons – was arrested after police were called to the scene in Clemence Street, Limehouse last Tuesday.
Local resident Stephen Tabone said the air gun pellets missed his head by a matter of inches when he was shot at after getting out of his car outside his home.
“I feared for my life”, he said. “If they had hit my head I may have been dead. He just missed me because he was a bad shot.
The 41-year-old added: “Who knows what goes through the minds of such people?”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Tabone called emergency services after getting into his house safely. Around 10 police cars reportedly attended the scene, before the youth dropped the weapon from a window and was arrested. He was later cautioned by police, who recovered the weapon.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff explains the reasoning for dropping Jamie Turley to the bench
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 4 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 5 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out
- 6 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 8 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 9 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 10 It was a big opportunity missed for Leyton Orient says boss Jobi McAnuff