Limehouse residents left petrified over air gun pot shots
Terrified residents were targeted by a teenager who used an air rifle to take pot shots from a window on Tuesday night.
A 17-year-old youth - who cannot be named for legal reasons – was arrested after police were called to the scene in Clemence Street, Limehouse last Tuesday.
Local resident Stephen Tabone said the air gun pellets missed his head by a matter of inches when he was shot at after getting out of his car outside his home.
“I feared for my life”, he said. “If they had hit my head I may have been dead. He just missed me because he was a bad shot.
The 41-year-old added: “Who knows what goes through the minds of such people?”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Tabone called emergency services after getting into his house safely. Around 10 police cars reportedly attended the scene, before the youth dropped the weapon from a window and was arrested. He was later cautioned by police, who recovered the weapon.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 7 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 8 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Man found stabbed on board night bus