Man, 20, stabbed to death in Mile End
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year old man has been stabbed to death in Mile End.
The victim was knifed in Wager Street, at around 4.30pm yesterday.
He died in hospital an hour later.
Detectives believe the victim was stabbed by a group of males who pounced on him in the street.
A 18-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is in custody at a police station in east London.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Inspector Tony Lynes, who is leading the murder hunt, is appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to come foward.
He said: We are keen to speak to anyone who was in the area at that time and might have seen what happened or who has any information about the circumstances.”
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 2 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 3 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 4 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 5 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 6 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 7 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 8 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 9 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 10 'Hold still while I ink your portrait for Captain Tom challenge'
Anyone with information should call thee incident room on 020 8721 4868 or via @MetCC.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.