Man, 20, stabbed to death in Mile End
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year old man has been stabbed to death in Mile End.
The victim was knifed in Wager Street, at around 4.30pm yesterday.
He died in hospital an hour later.
Detectives believe the victim was stabbed by a group of males who pounced on him in the street.
A 18-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is in custody at a police station in east London.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Inspector Tony Lynes, who is leading the murder hunt, is appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to come foward.
He said: We are keen to speak to anyone who was in the area at that time and might have seen what happened or who has any information about the circumstances.”
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
Anyone with information should call thee incident room on 020 8721 4868 or via @MetCC.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.