Man, 20, stabbed to death in Mile End
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year old man has been stabbed to death in Mile End.
The victim was knifed in Wager Street, at around 4.30pm yesterday.
He died in hospital an hour later.
Detectives believe the victim was stabbed by a group of males who pounced on him in the street.
A 18-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is in custody at a police station in east London.
Detective Chief Inspector Tony Lynes, who is leading the murder hunt, is appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to come foward.
He said: We are keen to speak to anyone who was in the area at that time and might have seen what happened or who has any information about the circumstances.”
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 3 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 4 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 5 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 6 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 7 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 8 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 10 O2 Centre climb: Entertaining with fantastic panoramic views of London
Anyone with information should call thee incident room on 020 8721 4868 or via @MetCC.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.