Man, 20, stabbed to death in Mile End
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year old man has been stabbed to death in Mile End.
The victim was knifed in Wager Street, at around 4.30pm yesterday.
He died in hospital an hour later.
Detectives believe the victim was stabbed by a group of males who pounced on him in the street.
A 18-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is in custody at a police station in east London.
Detective Chief Inspector Tony Lynes, who is leading the murder hunt, is appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to come foward.
He said: We are keen to speak to anyone who was in the area at that time and might have seen what happened or who has any information about the circumstances.”
- 1 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 4 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 5 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 6 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 7 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 8 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 9 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed
Anyone with information should call thee incident room on 020 8721 4868 or via @MetCC.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.