Man, 73, arrested by detectives investigating murder in Bow
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched a murder hunt after a man collapsed and died following a fight on a bus in Bow.
Detectives have arrested a 73-year-old man on suspicion of grievous bodily harm in connection with the incident on the 488 bus in Parnell Road, yesterday evening.
Officers were called to a fight between two men which spilled out on to the streets when they both got off the bus at around 8.45pm.
A man in his 60s was found collapsed on the street and rushed to hospital where he later died.
The arrested man was held near the scene and is being questioned at a police station in east London.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are appealing for anyone who witnessed the fight on the bus or in Parnell Road to come forward.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact the incident room on 0208 345 3985 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 4 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 5 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 6 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 7 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 8 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 9 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 10 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted