Man, 73, arrested by detectives investigating murder in Bow
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched a murder hunt after a man collapsed and died following a fight on a bus in Bow.
Detectives have arrested a 73-year-old man on suspicion of grievous bodily harm in connection with the incident on the 488 bus in Parnell Road, yesterday evening.
Officers were called to a fight between two men which spilled out on to the streets when they both got off the bus at around 8.45pm.
A man in his 60s was found collapsed on the street and rushed to hospital where he later died.
The arrested man was held near the scene and is being questioned at a police station in east London.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are appealing for anyone who witnessed the fight on the bus or in Parnell Road to come forward.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact the incident room on 0208 345 3985 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 2 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 3 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 8 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 9 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 10 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow