Man, 73, arrested by detectives investigating murder in Bow
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched a murder hunt after a man collapsed and died following a fight on a bus in Bow.
Detectives have arrested a 73-year-old man on suspicion of grievous bodily harm in connection with the incident on the 488 bus in Parnell Road, yesterday evening.
Officers were called to a fight between two men which spilled out on to the streets when they both got off the bus at around 8.45pm.
A man in his 60s was found collapsed on the street and rushed to hospital where he later died.
The arrested man was held near the scene and is being questioned at a police station in east London.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are appealing for anyone who witnessed the fight on the bus or in Parnell Road to come forward.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact the incident room on 0208 345 3985 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 4 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact