Man appears at Old Bailey charged with murder of schoolboy Ajmol Alom
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old man charged with the murder of star pupil Ajmol Alom appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday.
Aminur Khan, of Robin Hood Gardens, was remanded in custody until a further hearing scheduled for November 4.
He is charged with murder after 16-year-old Ajmol was allegedly stabbed to death in Spey Street, Poplar last Monday night.
Police have made two other arrests in connection with the incident, and are continuing to appeal for witnesses.
Officers are now setting up a mobile station in the street to encourage people to come forward with information.
You may also want to watch:
Ajmol, a keen boxer and part of a group of Langdon Park School pupils to travel to Northern Ireland as part of a conflict resolution programme, was described by his headteacher as a “delightful young man”.
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8358 0100, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards