Man appears at Old Bailey charged with murder of schoolboy Ajmol Alom
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old man charged with the murder of star pupil Ajmol Alom appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday.
Aminur Khan, of Robin Hood Gardens, was remanded in custody until a further hearing scheduled for November 4.
He is charged with murder after 16-year-old Ajmol was allegedly stabbed to death in Spey Street, Poplar last Monday night.
Police have made two other arrests in connection with the incident, and are continuing to appeal for witnesses.
Officers are now setting up a mobile station in the street to encourage people to come forward with information.
You may also want to watch:
Ajmol, a keen boxer and part of a group of Langdon Park School pupils to travel to Northern Ireland as part of a conflict resolution programme, was described by his headteacher as a “delightful young man”.
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8358 0100, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 4 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 5 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 6 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 7 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 8 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 9 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 10 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures