Man appears at Old Bailey charged with murder of schoolboy Ajmol Alom
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old man charged with the murder of star pupil Ajmol Alom appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday.
Aminur Khan, of Robin Hood Gardens, was remanded in custody until a further hearing scheduled for November 4.
He is charged with murder after 16-year-old Ajmol was allegedly stabbed to death in Spey Street, Poplar last Monday night.
Police have made two other arrests in connection with the incident, and are continuing to appeal for witnesses.
Officers are now setting up a mobile station in the street to encourage people to come forward with information.
You may also want to watch:
Ajmol, a keen boxer and part of a group of Langdon Park School pupils to travel to Northern Ireland as part of a conflict resolution programme, was described by his headteacher as a “delightful young man”.
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8358 0100, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 9 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man