Man arrested after car crashes into Whitechapel pub
- Credit: hackneycyclist
A man has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after a car crashed into a Whitechapel pub.
Police were called at around 9.50am today (Wednesday) to Mansell Street, where the car had hit Goodman’s Field, a Wetherspoons pub.
A pedestrian was hurt in the crash and she was taken to hospital with injuries said to be not life-threatening or life-changing.
The driver was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving and dangerous driving.
He was taken to hospital as a precaution before being moved to a police station.
You may also want to watch:
The pub has been closed while the police investigation is carried out.
Staff and customers were evacuated from the building and structural safety checks will be made before it can reopen.
- 1 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 2 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 3 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 8 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
Wetherspoons spokesman Eddie Gershon said: “We send our best wishes to the person who was injured.
“Fortunately, as we understand it, only one person was injured, and we thank our staff and the police for dealing with the matter so efficiently.”