Man arrested after car crashes into Whitechapel pub
- Credit: hackneycyclist
A man has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after a car crashed into a Whitechapel pub.
Police were called at around 9.50am today (Wednesday) to Mansell Street, where the car had hit Goodman’s Field, a Wetherspoons pub.
A pedestrian was hurt in the crash and she was taken to hospital with injuries said to be not life-threatening or life-changing.
The driver was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving and dangerous driving.
He was taken to hospital as a precaution before being moved to a police station.
You may also want to watch:
The pub has been closed while the police investigation is carried out.
Staff and customers were evacuated from the building and structural safety checks will be made before it can reopen.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
Wetherspoons spokesman Eddie Gershon said: “We send our best wishes to the person who was injured.
“Fortunately, as we understand it, only one person was injured, and we thank our staff and the police for dealing with the matter so efficiently.”