Man arrested after car crashes into Whitechapel pub
- Credit: hackneycyclist
A man has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after a car crashed into a Whitechapel pub.
Police were called at around 9.50am today (Wednesday) to Mansell Street, where the car had hit Goodman’s Field, a Wetherspoons pub.
A pedestrian was hurt in the crash and she was taken to hospital with injuries said to be not life-threatening or life-changing.
The driver was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving and dangerous driving.
He was taken to hospital as a precaution before being moved to a police station.
You may also want to watch:
The pub has been closed while the police investigation is carried out.
Staff and customers were evacuated from the building and structural safety checks will be made before it can reopen.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 Police called as furious families told to quit Bow's 'dangerous' block
- 8 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
Wetherspoons spokesman Eddie Gershon said: “We send our best wishes to the person who was injured.
“Fortunately, as we understand it, only one person was injured, and we thank our staff and the police for dealing with the matter so efficiently.”