Man arrested after car crashes into Whitechapel pub
- Credit: hackneycyclist
A man has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after a car crashed into a Whitechapel pub.
Police were called at around 9.50am today (Wednesday) to Mansell Street, where the car had hit Goodman’s Field, a Wetherspoons pub.
A pedestrian was hurt in the crash and she was taken to hospital with injuries said to be not life-threatening or life-changing.
The driver was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving and dangerous driving.
He was taken to hospital as a precaution before being moved to a police station.
You may also want to watch:
The pub has been closed while the police investigation is carried out.
Staff and customers were evacuated from the building and structural safety checks will be made before it can reopen.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
Wetherspoons spokesman Eddie Gershon said: “We send our best wishes to the person who was injured.
“Fortunately, as we understand it, only one person was injured, and we thank our staff and the police for dealing with the matter so efficiently.”