Man arrested in connection with racist video calling for sterilisation of Muslim pupils
- Credit: MPS
A man in his 60s has been arrested on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offense following a video posted online calling for Muslim girls to be sterilised.
The man has now been taken to East London police station.
The video follows pupils from Central Foundation Girls’ School, some of whom are wearing hijabs, as a man gives racist commentary.
The man says they will “breed like rats” and goes on to make reference to what is believed to be the Nazi doctor Josef Mengele, who performed lethal experiments at Auschwitz concentration camp.
Tower Hamlets Council tweeted that its CCTV operators worked with police to identify the man.
Rushanara Ali, MP for Bethnal Green and Bow, condemned the video: “I am deeply shocked by this vile footage, and the racist abuse these young students were subject to.
You may also want to watch:
“I urge people to come together to stand united against those who seek to divide our communities.”
A Met Police spokesman said the clip, which was posted on social media, was reported to police on Friday.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided