Man arrested in connection with racist video calling for sterilisation of Muslim pupils
- Credit: MPS
A man in his 60s has been arrested on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offense following a video posted online calling for Muslim girls to be sterilised.
The man has now been taken to East London police station.
The video follows pupils from Central Foundation Girls’ School, some of whom are wearing hijabs, as a man gives racist commentary.
The man says they will “breed like rats” and goes on to make reference to what is believed to be the Nazi doctor Josef Mengele, who performed lethal experiments at Auschwitz concentration camp.
Tower Hamlets Council tweeted that its CCTV operators worked with police to identify the man.
Rushanara Ali, MP for Bethnal Green and Bow, condemned the video: “I am deeply shocked by this vile footage, and the racist abuse these young students were subject to.
You may also want to watch:
“I urge people to come together to stand united against those who seek to divide our communities.”
A Met Police spokesman said the clip, which was posted on social media, was reported to police on Friday.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face marks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 5 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 6 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 7 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime