Man arrested in connection with racist video calling for sterilisation of Muslim pupils
- Credit: MPS
A man in his 60s has been arrested on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offense following a video posted online calling for Muslim girls to be sterilised.
The man has now been taken to East London police station.
The video follows pupils from Central Foundation Girls’ School, some of whom are wearing hijabs, as a man gives racist commentary.
The man says they will “breed like rats” and goes on to make reference to what is believed to be the Nazi doctor Josef Mengele, who performed lethal experiments at Auschwitz concentration camp.
Tower Hamlets Council tweeted that its CCTV operators worked with police to identify the man.
Rushanara Ali, MP for Bethnal Green and Bow, condemned the video: “I am deeply shocked by this vile footage, and the racist abuse these young students were subject to.
“I urge people to come together to stand united against those who seek to divide our communities.”
A Met Police spokesman said the clip, which was posted on social media, was reported to police on Friday.
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 3 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 6 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks