Man arrested in connection with racist video calling for sterilisation of Muslim pupils
- Credit: MPS
A man in his 60s has been arrested on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offense following a video posted online calling for Muslim girls to be sterilised.
The man has now been taken to East London police station.
The video follows pupils from Central Foundation Girls’ School, some of whom are wearing hijabs, as a man gives racist commentary.
The man says they will “breed like rats” and goes on to make reference to what is believed to be the Nazi doctor Josef Mengele, who performed lethal experiments at Auschwitz concentration camp.
Tower Hamlets Council tweeted that its CCTV operators worked with police to identify the man.
Rushanara Ali, MP for Bethnal Green and Bow, condemned the video: “I am deeply shocked by this vile footage, and the racist abuse these young students were subject to.
You may also want to watch:
“I urge people to come together to stand united against those who seek to divide our communities.”
A Met Police spokesman said the clip, which was posted on social media, was reported to police on Friday.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Contractors host Macmillan Coffee Morning before Stepney restorations begin
- 7 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 8 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man