Reports of man 'carrying metal pole' in Isle of Dogs
- Credit: Google Maps
A man reportedly carrying a metal pole in the Isle of Dogs last night has been arrested.
The Metropolitan Police said officers were called shortly after 11.22pm yesterday - January 11 - to Manchester Road following reports of a man carrying the metal weapon.
Officers attended, including specialist firearms officers. They detained the man on suspicion of possessing an offensive weapon in a public place and affray.
There were no reports of any injuries, according to the Met.
A number of road closures were put in place as a precaution which have since lifted.
The arrested man remains in police custody.
- 1 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 2 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 3 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 4 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 5 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 6 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget