Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Counter-terrorism police arrested a man at his home in east London this morning (February 25).
The 38-year-old is suspected of publishing and distributing "terrorist materials", according to the Metropolitan Police, who carried out the arrest.
His address is now being searched.
A Met spokesperson said:The arrest was made under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
"He was taken to a south London police station where he remains at this time.
You may also want to watch:
"Searches of the address are ongoing."
- 1 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 2 Tackling Covid blamed for yet more threats to public services
- 3 Windows smashed in Extinction Rebellion protest at Canary Wharf bank HQ
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 5 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 6 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 7 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 8 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 9 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 10 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting