Man arrested in east London terror raids remains in custody
- Credit: MPS
A man arrested on suspicion of preparing terrorist acts following a police operation in east London remains in custody.
The 27-year-old was detained late on Friday by detectives backed up by armed police, the Met’s Territorial Support Group and east London officers.
He was held on suspicion of commissioning, preparing or instigating a terrorist act, according to Scotland Yard.
Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Saturday authorised a warrant extending detention until Friday.
A 24-year-woman was arrested at an address in north London as part of the same operation, on suspicion of having information about acts of terrorism.
You may also want to watch:
She was also detained under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE) and taken to a south London police station, where she was later bailed until early May pending further enquiries.
Officers searched four addresses—three in east London—during the operation.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
All searches are now complete and enquiries continue.