Man arrested in east London terror raids remains in custody
- Credit: MPS
A man arrested on suspicion of preparing terrorist acts following a police operation in east London remains in custody.
The 27-year-old was detained late on Friday by detectives backed up by armed police, the Met’s Territorial Support Group and east London officers.
He was held on suspicion of commissioning, preparing or instigating a terrorist act, according to Scotland Yard.
Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Saturday authorised a warrant extending detention until Friday.
A 24-year-woman was arrested at an address in north London as part of the same operation, on suspicion of having information about acts of terrorism.
You may also want to watch:
She was also detained under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE) and taken to a south London police station, where she was later bailed until early May pending further enquiries.
Officers searched four addresses—three in east London—during the operation.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 2 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 3 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 4 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 5 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 6 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 7 Shops reopening after lockdown now fear council rent hikes
- 8 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 9 'Hold still while I ink your portrait for Captain Tom challenge'
- 10 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
All searches are now complete and enquiries continue.