Man arrested in east London terror raids remains in custody
- Credit: MPS
A man arrested on suspicion of preparing terrorist acts following a police operation in east London remains in custody.
The 27-year-old was detained late on Friday by detectives backed up by armed police, the Met’s Territorial Support Group and east London officers.
He was held on suspicion of commissioning, preparing or instigating a terrorist act, according to Scotland Yard.
Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Saturday authorised a warrant extending detention until Friday.
A 24-year-woman was arrested at an address in north London as part of the same operation, on suspicion of having information about acts of terrorism.
She was also detained under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE) and taken to a south London police station, where she was later bailed until early May pending further enquiries.
Officers searched four addresses—three in east London—during the operation.
- 1 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 2 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 3 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 4 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 5 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 6 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 7 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 8 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 9 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 10 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
All searches are now complete and enquiries continue.