Man arrested on suspicion of murder following fatal stabbing near Crossharbour station
- Credit: MPS
An arrest has been made in connection with the fatal stabbing of a 19-year-old man near Crossharbour DLR station on Friday, July 10.
A 21-year-old from Tower Hamlets remains in custody after being arrested by British Transport Police (BTP) detectives on Sunday, July 12.
Just after 6pm on Friday evening, police were called to reports of two men injured at Alexia Square, close to the DLR station.
Officers attended the scene at which the 19-year-old was pronounced dead; a second man, believed aged in his late teens, remains in hospital following treatment for stab wounds.
BTP detective chief inspector Paul Langley said: “We have been working around the clock to trace those responsible for his death and this is a positive step in the ongoing investigation.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d like to thank the victim’s family for their patience and strength and once again extend our deepest condolences to them. They are continuing to be supported by specially trained family liaison officers.
“I know the local community and many people across the country have been truly shocked by this senseless killing, and we will continue to work tirelessly to make sure those responsible face justice.”
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 5 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 6 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 9 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Kenny Jackett pleased with pre-season preparations