Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in Whitechapel
- Credit: Archant
Police are questioning a man on suspicion of murder following the death of a 35-year-old woman in Crowder Street, Whitechapel.
The 37-year-old man was arrested in north London a short time after officers made the grim discovery in her flat at about 1.30pm yesterday.
Officers attended with a London Ambulance Service crew, following concerns for the welfare of a female resident. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Urgent enquiries are underway to trace next of kin. A post-mortem examination and formal identification will be arranged in due course.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesperson said: “Enquiries are ongoing to establish the full circumstances of the death. At this stage, no other suspect is sought in connection with the murder.”
Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting CAD 3747/april26
- 1 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 2 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 3 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 8 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
- 10 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick