Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in Whitechapel
- Credit: Archant
Police are questioning a man on suspicion of murder following the death of a 35-year-old woman in Crowder Street, Whitechapel.
The 37-year-old man was arrested in north London a short time after officers made the grim discovery in her flat at about 1.30pm yesterday.
Officers attended with a London Ambulance Service crew, following concerns for the welfare of a female resident. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Urgent enquiries are underway to trace next of kin. A post-mortem examination and formal identification will be arranged in due course.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesperson said: “Enquiries are ongoing to establish the full circumstances of the death. At this stage, no other suspect is sought in connection with the murder.”
Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting CAD 3747/april26
- 1 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 2 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 3 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 5 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 6 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 7 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs