Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in Whitechapel
- Credit: Archant
Police are questioning a man on suspicion of murder following the death of a 35-year-old woman in Crowder Street, Whitechapel.
The 37-year-old man was arrested in north London a short time after officers made the grim discovery in her flat at about 1.30pm yesterday.
Officers attended with a London Ambulance Service crew, following concerns for the welfare of a female resident. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Urgent enquiries are underway to trace next of kin. A post-mortem examination and formal identification will be arranged in due course.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesperson said: “Enquiries are ongoing to establish the full circumstances of the death. At this stage, no other suspect is sought in connection with the murder.”
Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting CAD 3747/april26
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 Police called as furious families told to quit Bow's 'dangerous' block
- 8 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch