Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in Whitechapel
- Credit: Archant
Police are questioning a man on suspicion of murder following the death of a 35-year-old woman in Crowder Street, Whitechapel.
The 37-year-old man was arrested in north London a short time after officers made the grim discovery in her flat at about 1.30pm yesterday.
Officers attended with a London Ambulance Service crew, following concerns for the welfare of a female resident. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Urgent enquiries are underway to trace next of kin. A post-mortem examination and formal identification will be arranged in due course.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesperson said: “Enquiries are ongoing to establish the full circumstances of the death. At this stage, no other suspect is sought in connection with the murder.”
Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting CAD 3747/april26
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week