Man assaulted after challenging sexual harassment on Overground train
- Credit: BTP
A passenger was assaulted after challenging two men who were sexually harassing women on a train.
The man, in his 30s, stepped in after two women were touched inappropriately on board the Overground train between Whitechapel and Hoxton.
He was taken to hospital after the assault, which took place between 5.30am and 6am on Sunday, June 16, but has since been released.
His attackers left the train at Hoxton.
British Transport Police have now released a picture of two men they believe could help their investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises them or who has information is asked to text 61016 or call 0800 405040, quoting reference 82 of June 16. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed: East End county lines dealers who peddled heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Shamima Begum cannot return to UK, Supreme Court rules
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Tideway super sewer arrives at Tower Bridge ready to bore east London
- 5 Shamima Begum will find out this week if she can return from Syria
- 6 Fear of mental health crisis as loneliness rises among disabled
- 7 East Ham man raped woman with his friend in Wapping park 23 years ago
- 8 Flower markets appeal to be allowed to open in time for Mother's Day
- 9 Police raid cannabis cafe in 200-year-old Whitechapel building
- 10 Thugs attack each other with bottles of wine in supermarket mass brawl