Man assaulted after challenging sexual harassment on Overground train
- Credit: BTP
A passenger was assaulted after challenging two men who were sexually harassing women on a train.
The man, in his 30s, stepped in after two women were touched inappropriately on board the Overground train between Whitechapel and Hoxton.
He was taken to hospital after the assault, which took place between 5.30am and 6am on Sunday, June 16, but has since been released.
His attackers left the train at Hoxton.
British Transport Police have now released a picture of two men they believe could help their investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises them or who has information is asked to text 61016 or call 0800 405040, quoting reference 82 of June 16. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 2 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 3 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 6 Fast broadband deal is signed for thousands of East End homes
- 7 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
- 10 Bronze Age hoard to go on show after 3,000 years and an extra year's delay