Man assaulted after challenging sexual harassment on Overground train
- Credit: BTP
A passenger was assaulted after challenging two men who were sexually harassing women on a train.
The man, in his 30s, stepped in after two women were touched inappropriately on board the Overground train between Whitechapel and Hoxton.
He was taken to hospital after the assault, which took place between 5.30am and 6am on Sunday, June 16, but has since been released.
His attackers left the train at Hoxton.
British Transport Police have now released a picture of two men they believe could help their investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises them or who has information is asked to text 61016 or call 0800 405040, quoting reference 82 of June 16. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 Disgraceful management of the pandemic