Hammer attack: Man charged with attempted murder of Canary Wharf worker and her mum
- Credit: PA
A man has been charged with two counts of attempted murder following a hammer attack on a Canary Wharf worker and her mother.
Joe Xuereb, 27, will appear in court in connection with a serious assault on Ania Gos, 30, and her 64-year-old mum in Adderley Gardens, New Eltham, on Sunday.
Officers were called at 12.10pm to find two women suffering from devastating injuries “consistent with a violent assault”.
They were taken to south London hospitals where they remain in a critical condition.
Xuereb, of Greenwich, was arrested on Sunday after a media appeal. He is due to appear in custody at Bromley Magistrates’ Court today (Tuesday).
You may also want to watch:
On Monday, Ms Gos’s employer S&P Global said colleagues were “extremely shocked and saddened” by the “senseless” attack.
Ms Gos’s mother was visiting from Poland when she was attacked, neighbours said.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff explains the reasoning for dropping Jamie Turley to the bench
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 6 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out
- 8 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 9 Fundraiser launched after school families suffer 'so many Covid deaths'
- 10 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape