Hammer attack: Man charged with attempted murder of Canary Wharf worker and her mum
- Credit: PA
A man has been charged with two counts of attempted murder following a hammer attack on a Canary Wharf worker and her mother.
Joe Xuereb, 27, will appear in court in connection with a serious assault on Ania Gos, 30, and her 64-year-old mum in Adderley Gardens, New Eltham, on Sunday.
Officers were called at 12.10pm to find two women suffering from devastating injuries “consistent with a violent assault”.
They were taken to south London hospitals where they remain in a critical condition.
Xuereb, of Greenwich, was arrested on Sunday after a media appeal. He is due to appear in custody at Bromley Magistrates’ Court today (Tuesday).
You may also want to watch:
On Monday, Ms Gos’s employer S&P Global said colleagues were “extremely shocked and saddened” by the “senseless” attack.
Ms Gos’s mother was visiting from Poland when she was attacked, neighbours said.
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 8 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 10 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings