Hammer attack: Man charged with attempted murder of Canary Wharf worker and her mum
- Credit: PA
A man has been charged with two counts of attempted murder following a hammer attack on a Canary Wharf worker and her mother.
Joe Xuereb, 27, will appear in court in connection with a serious assault on Ania Gos, 30, and her 64-year-old mum in Adderley Gardens, New Eltham, on Sunday.
Officers were called at 12.10pm to find two women suffering from devastating injuries “consistent with a violent assault”.
They were taken to south London hospitals where they remain in a critical condition.
Xuereb, of Greenwich, was arrested on Sunday after a media appeal. He is due to appear in custody at Bromley Magistrates’ Court today (Tuesday).
You may also want to watch:
On Monday, Ms Gos’s employer S&P Global said colleagues were “extremely shocked and saddened” by the “senseless” attack.
Ms Gos’s mother was visiting from Poland when she was attacked, neighbours said.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets
- 9 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 10 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries