Man charged with Whitechapel murder and victim named
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with murder after a woman was found dead in Whitechapel on Friday.
Police were called to a flat on Crowder Street at around 1.30 pm to check on a female resident’s welfare.
A woman, 35, was found and though paramedics attended, she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Roderick Deakin-White, 37, was arrested the same day, April 26. Deakin-White lives at an address on Crowder Street.
He is expected to appear in court today.
You may also want to watch:
The victim is thought to be Amy Parsons, though a formal identification has not been carried out. The family has been informed.
Police believe that Deakin-White and Ms Parsons were known to each other and no-one else is being pursued in connection with the killing.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
Anyone with information about the incident is urged to call police on 101 quoting CAD 3747/april26.