Man charged with Whitechapel murder and victim named
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with murder after a woman was found dead in Whitechapel on Friday.
Police were called to a flat on Crowder Street at around 1.30 pm to check on a female resident’s welfare.
A woman, 35, was found and though paramedics attended, she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Roderick Deakin-White, 37, was arrested the same day, April 26. Deakin-White lives at an address on Crowder Street.
He is expected to appear in court today.
You may also want to watch:
The victim is thought to be Amy Parsons, though a formal identification has not been carried out. The family has been informed.
Police believe that Deakin-White and Ms Parsons were known to each other and no-one else is being pursued in connection with the killing.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
Anyone with information about the incident is urged to call police on 101 quoting CAD 3747/april26.