Man charged with Whitechapel murder and victim named
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with murder after a woman was found dead in Whitechapel on Friday.
Police were called to a flat on Crowder Street at around 1.30 pm to check on a female resident’s welfare.
A woman, 35, was found and though paramedics attended, she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Roderick Deakin-White, 37, was arrested the same day, April 26. Deakin-White lives at an address on Crowder Street.
He is expected to appear in court today.
You may also want to watch:
The victim is thought to be Amy Parsons, though a formal identification has not been carried out. The family has been informed.
Police believe that Deakin-White and Ms Parsons were known to each other and no-one else is being pursued in connection with the killing.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 8 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
Anyone with information about the incident is urged to call police on 101 quoting CAD 3747/april26.