Man charged with Whitechapel murder and victim named
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with murder after a woman was found dead in Whitechapel on Friday.
Police were called to a flat on Crowder Street at around 1.30 pm to check on a female resident’s welfare.
A woman, 35, was found and though paramedics attended, she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Roderick Deakin-White, 37, was arrested the same day, April 26. Deakin-White lives at an address on Crowder Street.
He is expected to appear in court today.
The victim is thought to be Amy Parsons, though a formal identification has not been carried out. The family has been informed.
Police believe that Deakin-White and Ms Parsons were known to each other and no-one else is being pursued in connection with the killing.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 2 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 3 Tower Hamlets neighbours must 'temporarily leave' and pay £85k for building repairs
- 4 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 5 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 6 Police looking for missing man last seen leaving hospital
- 7 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 8 Covid: Weekly admissions halve as patient counts drop to July 2021 levels
- 9 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 10 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
Anyone with information about the incident is urged to call police on 101 quoting CAD 3747/april26.