Man charged with murder of Poplar’s Big H remanded in custody
A man accused of the murder of Hassan Mohammed Omer Isman at a nightclub on Boxing Day was remanded in custody when he appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Danny Walker, 32, unemployed of Haldane Road, Thamesmead is charged with the murder of Hassan Mohammed Omer Isman, on December 26 at the Avalon nightclub in Shaftesbury Avenue. He is due to return to court on April 1 for a case management hearing. Mr Isman, 31, was also known as Big H and came from Poplar.
Walker was arrested last week with Dean Robinson, 32, of Nevitt House, Islington, who appeareed at Thames Magistrates Court on January 11 charged with possession with intent to supply class A drugs (crack cocaine) and concealing criminal property.
A third man, arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply drugs and assisting an offender has been bailed to return to an east London police station in late February while further enquiries continue.
Three other men arrested in connection with the investigation remain on bail to dates in February pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are still trying to trace Gavin Allen, 30.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park