Man charged with murder of Poplar’s Big H remanded in custody
A man accused of the murder of Hassan Mohammed Omer Isman at a nightclub on Boxing Day was remanded in custody when he appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Danny Walker, 32, unemployed of Haldane Road, Thamesmead is charged with the murder of Hassan Mohammed Omer Isman, on December 26 at the Avalon nightclub in Shaftesbury Avenue. He is due to return to court on April 1 for a case management hearing. Mr Isman, 31, was also known as Big H and came from Poplar.
Walker was arrested last week with Dean Robinson, 32, of Nevitt House, Islington, who appeareed at Thames Magistrates Court on January 11 charged with possession with intent to supply class A drugs (crack cocaine) and concealing criminal property.
A third man, arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply drugs and assisting an offender has been bailed to return to an east London police station in late February while further enquiries continue.
Three other men arrested in connection with the investigation remain on bail to dates in February pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are still trying to trace Gavin Allen, 30.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff explains the reasoning for dropping Jamie Turley to the bench
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 4 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 5 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 6 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out
- 7 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 8 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 9 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 10 It was a big opportunity missed for Leyton Orient says boss Jobi McAnuff