Man charged with murder of Poplar’s Big H remanded in custody
A man accused of the murder of Hassan Mohammed Omer Isman at a nightclub on Boxing Day was remanded in custody when he appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Danny Walker, 32, unemployed of Haldane Road, Thamesmead is charged with the murder of Hassan Mohammed Omer Isman, on December 26 at the Avalon nightclub in Shaftesbury Avenue. He is due to return to court on April 1 for a case management hearing. Mr Isman, 31, was also known as Big H and came from Poplar.
Walker was arrested last week with Dean Robinson, 32, of Nevitt House, Islington, who appeareed at Thames Magistrates Court on January 11 charged with possession with intent to supply class A drugs (crack cocaine) and concealing criminal property.
A third man, arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply drugs and assisting an offender has been bailed to return to an east London police station in late February while further enquiries continue.
Three other men arrested in connection with the investigation remain on bail to dates in February pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are still trying to trace Gavin Allen, 30.
- 1 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 5 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 6 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Shadrach Ogie back in contention for O's trip to Bristol Rovers
- 9 Toynbee Hall photo exhibition tells community's stories of lockdown
- 10 Orient aiming to climb the table with first away win of the season