Man charged with murdering Brick Lane bagel shop owners
- Credit: Archant
Two members of a Brick Lane bakery-owning family have been found stabbed to death in their home.
Leah Cohen, 66, and Hannah Cohen, 33, own Beigel Bake, a popular 24-hour bakery known for its salt beef bagels.
They were found stabbed at their house in Golders Green on Friday night.
Joshua Cohen, 27, was arrested in Golders Hill Park on Saturday and has since been charged with murdering his mother and sister.
He was remanded in custody and due to appear at Hendon Magistrates’ Court today.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Superintendent Simon Rose of Barnet Police said: “High visibility foot patrols have been stepped up in the area and police will be on hand to listen and respond to community concerns.
“We will continue to work with the CST and keep them fully updated with significant developments.”
- 1 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 4 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 5 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 6 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 7 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 8 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 9 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 10 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures