Man charged with murdering Brick Lane bagel shop owners
- Credit: Archant
Two members of a Brick Lane bakery-owning family have been found stabbed to death in their home.
Leah Cohen, 66, and Hannah Cohen, 33, own Beigel Bake, a popular 24-hour bakery known for its salt beef bagels.
They were found stabbed at their house in Golders Green on Friday night.
Joshua Cohen, 27, was arrested in Golders Hill Park on Saturday and has since been charged with murdering his mother and sister.
He was remanded in custody and due to appear at Hendon Magistrates’ Court today.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Superintendent Simon Rose of Barnet Police said: “High visibility foot patrols have been stepped up in the area and police will be on hand to listen and respond to community concerns.
“We will continue to work with the CST and keep them fully updated with significant developments.”
- 1 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 2 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 3 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 10 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road