Man charged with murdering Brick Lane bagel shop owners
- Credit: Archant
Two members of a Brick Lane bakery-owning family have been found stabbed to death in their home.
Leah Cohen, 66, and Hannah Cohen, 33, own Beigel Bake, a popular 24-hour bakery known for its salt beef bagels.
They were found stabbed at their house in Golders Green on Friday night.
Joshua Cohen, 27, was arrested in Golders Hill Park on Saturday and has since been charged with murdering his mother and sister.
He was remanded in custody and due to appear at Hendon Magistrates’ Court today.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Superintendent Simon Rose of Barnet Police said: “High visibility foot patrols have been stepped up in the area and police will be on hand to listen and respond to community concerns.
“We will continue to work with the CST and keep them fully updated with significant developments.”
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided