Man charged with murdering Brick Lane bagel shop owners
- Credit: Archant
Two members of a Brick Lane bakery-owning family have been found stabbed to death in their home.
Leah Cohen, 66, and Hannah Cohen, 33, own Beigel Bake, a popular 24-hour bakery known for its salt beef bagels.
They were found stabbed at their house in Golders Green on Friday night.
Joshua Cohen, 27, was arrested in Golders Hill Park on Saturday and has since been charged with murdering his mother and sister.
He was remanded in custody and due to appear at Hendon Magistrates’ Court today.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Superintendent Simon Rose of Barnet Police said: “High visibility foot patrols have been stepped up in the area and police will be on hand to listen and respond to community concerns.
“We will continue to work with the CST and keep them fully updated with significant developments.”
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 5 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift