Man charged with stabbing female JobCentre worker from Docklands
- Credit: Ken Mears
A man has been charged with stabbing a female JobCentre worker from Docklands.
Erion Hoxha, 34, is accused of knifing the 27-year-old woman in her back and buttocks inside the Canning Town branch yesterday.
He is charged with grevious bodily harm, criminal damage, possession of a knife, affray and actual bodily harm.
He was also charged with possession for a knife in a public place and affray for a separate incident on March 29.
The victim was taken to the Royal London Hospital and has since been released.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman from the department for work and pensions said: “We can confirm that an incident took place at our Canning Town Jobcentre, April 4.
“A member of staff has been released from hospital following treatment.
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 3 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 4 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 5 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 6 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 7 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 8 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
“Our priority is the safety of our staff and customers – the jobcentre is open for business as usual.”
Hoxha is in custody and will appear in Snaresbrook Crown Court on May 4.