Man charged with stabbing female JobCentre worker from Docklands
- Credit: Ken Mears
A man has been charged with stabbing a female JobCentre worker from Docklands.
Erion Hoxha, 34, is accused of knifing the 27-year-old woman in her back and buttocks inside the Canning Town branch yesterday.
He is charged with grevious bodily harm, criminal damage, possession of a knife, affray and actual bodily harm.
He was also charged with possession for a knife in a public place and affray for a separate incident on March 29.
The victim was taken to the Royal London Hospital and has since been released.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman from the department for work and pensions said: “We can confirm that an incident took place at our Canning Town Jobcentre, April 4.
“A member of staff has been released from hospital following treatment.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
“Our priority is the safety of our staff and customers – the jobcentre is open for business as usual.”
Hoxha is in custody and will appear in Snaresbrook Crown Court on May 4.