Man charged with stabbing female JobCentre worker from Docklands
- Credit: Ken Mears
A man has been charged with stabbing a female JobCentre worker from Docklands.
Erion Hoxha, 34, is accused of knifing the 27-year-old woman in her back and buttocks inside the Canning Town branch yesterday.
He is charged with grevious bodily harm, criminal damage, possession of a knife, affray and actual bodily harm.
He was also charged with possession for a knife in a public place and affray for a separate incident on March 29.
The victim was taken to the Royal London Hospital and has since been released.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman from the department for work and pensions said: “We can confirm that an incident took place at our Canning Town Jobcentre, April 4.
“A member of staff has been released from hospital following treatment.
- 1 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 2 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 3 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 8 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 9 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff wants his side to impose themselves on Barrow
“Our priority is the safety of our staff and customers – the jobcentre is open for business as usual.”
Hoxha is in custody and will appear in Snaresbrook Crown Court on May 4.