Man charged with the murder of Kelvin Easton in Mile End nightclub
A man has been charged with the murder of a rapper stabbed to death at a Mile End nightclub.
Kelvin Easton, 23, was killed during a busy night at Boheme club in Mile End Road on March 27.
The father-of-two, who was the cousin of Mark Duggan, the police shooting victim whose death triggered the summer riots in Tottenham and across the country, died at the scene.
Police said that Warren Allen, 29, of Steve Biko Road, Islington, will appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court today charged with Mr Easton’s murder.
Allen was arrested on Saturday in a joint operation with Thames Valley Police.
You may also want to watch:
A 23-year-old woman, held on suspicion of assisting an offender, has been bailed until January.
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of Mr Easton’s death as a stab wound to the heart.
- 1 Tackling Covid blamed for yet more threats to public services
- 2 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 3 Windows smashed in Extinction Rebellion protest at Canary Wharf bank HQ
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 5 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 6 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 7 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 8 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 9 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 10 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
Twelve men have previously been arrested in connection with the killing.
One was released with no further action and 11 were bailed to return to a north London police station on dates in late March next year.