Man charged with the murder of Kelvin Easton in Mile End nightclub
A man has been charged with the murder of a rapper stabbed to death at a Mile End nightclub.
Kelvin Easton, 23, was killed during a busy night at Boheme club in Mile End Road on March 27.
The father-of-two, who was the cousin of Mark Duggan, the police shooting victim whose death triggered the summer riots in Tottenham and across the country, died at the scene.
Police said that Warren Allen, 29, of Steve Biko Road, Islington, will appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court today charged with Mr Easton’s murder.
Allen was arrested on Saturday in a joint operation with Thames Valley Police.
A 23-year-old woman, held on suspicion of assisting an offender, has been bailed until January.
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of Mr Easton’s death as a stab wound to the heart.
- 1 Tower Hamlets neighbours must 'temporarily leave' and pay £85k for building repairs
- 2 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 3 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 4 Police looking for missing man last seen leaving hospital
- 5 Cardboard boxes causing delays in and around Hackney Wick
- 6 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
- 7 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 8 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
Twelve men have previously been arrested in connection with the killing.
One was released with no further action and 11 were bailed to return to a north London police station on dates in late March next year.