Man charged with the murder of Kelvin Easton in Mile End nightclub
A man has been charged with the murder of a rapper stabbed to death at a Mile End nightclub.
Kelvin Easton, 23, was killed during a busy night at Boheme club in Mile End Road on March 27.
The father-of-two, who was the cousin of Mark Duggan, the police shooting victim whose death triggered the summer riots in Tottenham and across the country, died at the scene.
Police said that Warren Allen, 29, of Steve Biko Road, Islington, will appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court today charged with Mr Easton’s murder.
Allen was arrested on Saturday in a joint operation with Thames Valley Police.
You may also want to watch:
A 23-year-old woman, held on suspicion of assisting an offender, has been bailed until January.
A post-mortem examination gave the cause of Mr Easton’s death as a stab wound to the heart.
- 1 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 2 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 9 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 10 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
Twelve men have previously been arrested in connection with the killing.
One was released with no further action and 11 were bailed to return to a north London police station on dates in late March next year.