Man charged with Whitechapel murder
- Credit: Archant
A 43-year-old man has been charged with murder after a fatal stabbing in Greatorex Street, Whitechapel.
Ashfav Choudry, 43, of Kensington Avenue, Watford, Hertfordshire is accused of killing 45-year-old Zakariyya Islam.
He will appear in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court later this morning.
Police were called at around 6.40pm on Monday night where they found a man in his 40s suffering with knife wounds to his upper body.
He died at the scene a short while later.
You may also want to watch:
Police found a knife near the scene and officers believe the victim and suspect knew each other.
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 0208 345 3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 3 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 5 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 6 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 7 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 8 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 9 Youthful Orient side nab a draw away to Dulwich Hamlet
- 10 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted