Man charged with woman’s murder at Whitechapel’s Denning Point tower block
- Credit: Google
A man appears in court today charged with the murder of a woman in a high rise tower block near Petticoat Lane in London’s East End.
Abdulqadir Abdullah, 34, was charged last night with the murder of a 40-year-old woman at Whitechapel’s Denning Point in Commercial Street.
Abdullah, a Somali national living in Denning Point, appears in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court this-morning.
Police were called at 11pm on Saturday to a disturbance in a flat in the tower block where they found the woman’s body.
A post-mortem examination is being held today at Poplar Mortuary. Next of kin have been informed, but police are still waiting for formal identification.
You may also want to watch:
An appeal has been made for witnesses or anyone with information to call the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command incident room on 020-8345 3865, or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
- 1 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 2 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 8 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 9 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 10 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End