Man charged with woman’s murder at Whitechapel’s Denning Point tower block
- Credit: Google
A man appears in court today charged with the murder of a woman in a high rise tower block near Petticoat Lane in London’s East End.
Abdulqadir Abdullah, 34, was charged last night with the murder of a 40-year-old woman at Whitechapel’s Denning Point in Commercial Street.
Abdullah, a Somali national living in Denning Point, appears in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court this-morning.
Police were called at 11pm on Saturday to a disturbance in a flat in the tower block where they found the woman’s body.
A post-mortem examination is being held today at Poplar Mortuary. Next of kin have been informed, but police are still waiting for formal identification.
You may also want to watch:
An appeal has been made for witnesses or anyone with information to call the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command incident room on 020-8345 3865, or anonymously Crimestoppers on 0800-555111.
- 1 Tackling Covid blamed for yet more threats to public services
- 2 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 3 Windows smashed in Extinction Rebellion protest at Canary Wharf bank HQ
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 5 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 6 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 7 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 8 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 9 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 10 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water