Man found stabbed to death in Barking and two others taken to hospital
- Credit: Archant
A man has been found stabbed to death on the pavement at Movers Lane in Barking.
He was one of three people involved in the stabbing at 1am this-morning near the junction with Ripple Road.
The man, in his 20s, was found on the pavement at 1am when police arrived.
An ambulance crew was sent, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police enquiries are underway to confirm the man’s identity and to inform his family.
You may also want to watch:
Roads have been close around the incident and all traffic has been diverted.
Two others are also being treated for stab wounds, both in their late teens or early 20s, who have been taken to hospital. Their injuries are not thought to be life threatening, according to Scotland Yard this-morning.
- 1 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 2 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 9 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 10 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
The Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command is investigating the stabbings. There have been no arrests so far.
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone who was in Ripple Road at 1am, or anyone with information, to call 101, go to Twitter @MetCC, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 (crimestoppers-uk.org).