Man found stabbed to death in Barking and two others taken to hospital
- Credit: Archant
A man has been found stabbed to death on the pavement at Movers Lane in Barking.
He was one of three people involved in the stabbing at 1am this-morning near the junction with Ripple Road.
The man, in his 20s, was found on the pavement at 1am when police arrived.
An ambulance crew was sent, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police enquiries are underway to confirm the man’s identity and to inform his family.
Roads have been close around the incident and all traffic has been diverted.
Two others are also being treated for stab wounds, both in their late teens or early 20s, who have been taken to hospital. Their injuries are not thought to be life threatening, according to Scotland Yard this-morning.
- 1 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Footballer convicted of hate crime after homophobic abuse of opponent
- 3 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
- 4 Pole thrown on railway tracks 'caused over 11 hours of delays'
- 5 Roman Road shop blaze 'believed to be accidental'
- 6 Man accused of Yasmin Begum killing denies murder and burglary
- 7 Police appeal to identify man in investigation into Subway robbery
- 8 Bow Lock murder: Victim's two girlfriends give evidence at Old Bailey
- 9 Jailed: 12 east London offenders put behind bars in May
- 10 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
The Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command is investigating the stabbings. There have been no arrests so far.
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone who was in Ripple Road at 1am, or anyone with information, to call 101, go to Twitter @MetCC, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 (crimestoppers-uk.org).