Man found stabbed to death in Barking and two others taken to hospital
- Credit: Archant
A man has been found stabbed to death on the pavement at Movers Lane in Barking.
He was one of three people involved in the stabbing at 1am this-morning near the junction with Ripple Road.
The man, in his 20s, was found on the pavement at 1am when police arrived.
An ambulance crew was sent, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police enquiries are underway to confirm the man’s identity and to inform his family.
You may also want to watch:
Roads have been close around the incident and all traffic has been diverted.
Two others are also being treated for stab wounds, both in their late teens or early 20s, who have been taken to hospital. Their injuries are not thought to be life threatening, according to Scotland Yard this-morning.
- 1 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 4 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 7 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 8 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 9 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
The Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command is investigating the stabbings. There have been no arrests so far.
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone who was in Ripple Road at 1am, or anyone with information, to call 101, go to Twitter @MetCC, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 (crimestoppers-uk.org).