Man in critical condition after suffering head injury in Whitechapel
- Credit: Google Maps
Police have launched an attempted murder investgation after a man was found unconscious in the street with a head injury.
Officers were called to Nelson Street, Whitechapel, shortly after 10.30pm yesterday (Tuesday, November 19) where they found the injured man.
He was treated at the scene before being taken to hospital, where he remains in a critical condition. His family have been informed.
Police are trying to establish how the man, aged 40, was hurt.
The injury to his head is strongly suspected to be the result of a bullet wound and police have put up a forensic scene around the place where he was found.
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting 10007/19 Nov or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 3 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 4 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 5 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station