Man in critical condition after suffering head injury in Whitechapel
- Credit: Google Maps
Police have launched an attempted murder investgation after a man was found unconscious in the street with a head injury.
Officers were called to Nelson Street, Whitechapel, shortly after 10.30pm yesterday (Tuesday, November 19) where they found the injured man.
He was treated at the scene before being taken to hospital, where he remains in a critical condition. His family have been informed.
Police are trying to establish how the man, aged 40, was hurt.
The injury to his head is strongly suspected to be the result of a bullet wound and police have put up a forensic scene around the place where he was found.
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting 10007/19 Nov or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided