Man in critical condition after suffering head injury in Whitechapel
- Credit: Google Maps
Police have launched an attempted murder investgation after a man was found unconscious in the street with a head injury.
Officers were called to Nelson Street, Whitechapel, shortly after 10.30pm yesterday (Tuesday, November 19) where they found the injured man.
He was treated at the scene before being taken to hospital, where he remains in a critical condition. His family have been informed.
Police are trying to establish how the man, aged 40, was hurt.
The injury to his head is strongly suspected to be the result of a bullet wound and police have put up a forensic scene around the place where he was found.
There have been no arrests.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting 10007/19 Nov or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 2 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 3 Bow man charged after Dagenham stabbing given court date
- 4 Convicted: Met special constable who assaulted man in custody
- 5 Reports of man 'carrying metal pole' in Isle of Dogs
- 6 2021: London teenage homicides reach highest level since records began
- 7 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 8 Teenager 'punched, kicked' by three men at DLR station
- 9 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021
- 10 All aboard: Seven quirky houseboats to try this year in London