Man in critical condition after suffering head injury in Whitechapel
- Credit: Google Maps
Police have launched an attempted murder investgation after a man was found unconscious in the street with a head injury.
Officers were called to Nelson Street, Whitechapel, shortly after 10.30pm yesterday (Tuesday, November 19) where they found the injured man.
He was treated at the scene before being taken to hospital, where he remains in a critical condition. His family have been informed.
Police are trying to establish how the man, aged 40, was hurt.
The injury to his head is strongly suspected to be the result of a bullet wound and police have put up a forensic scene around the place where he was found.
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting 10007/19 Nov or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out