Guilty: Drug dealer who murdered Bromley-by-Bow father Brenton Roper on his doorstep
- Credit: Archant
A drug dealer is facing a life sentence for the murder of a father who was shot and stabbed on the doorstep of his home in Bromley-by-Bow.
Mohammed Shaid, 27, of Arrow Road, Bromley-by-Bow, chased Brenton Roper, 41, before launching his attack on him outside his home in Eagling Close on May 13 last year.
Mr Roper, who starred in a video with rapper Dizzee Rascal, was stabbed five times and shot because he objected to Shaid and his friends selling drugs in his neighbourhood.
Three other men Monzur Ahmed, 27, of Whitethorn Street, Mile End, Foyzur Rahman, 28, of Beveridge Mews, Stepney Green and Shah Mohammed Habibur Rahman, 28, from Dagenham, were convicted of his manslaughter.
The Old Bailey heard Mr Roper had argued with his killers who were sitting in an Audi shortly before he died.
You may also want to watch:
Less than an hour later at 4.30pm police were called to reports of a man being seriously attacked where they found Mr Roper suffering from stab and gunshot wounds.
He died an hour later.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 5 Authorities urged to act against 'terrifying' Isle of Dogs car races
- 6 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 9 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
Using compelling CCTV detectives discovered a black Volkswagen Golf owned by Shaid was parked near the murder scene before two men in hooded tops were spotted walking towards Eagling Close.
The pair were identified as Shaid and Shah Rahman who both fled the country the day after the killing.
Shaid, Ahmed and Foyzur Rahman were arrested on June 24 last year and subsequently charged with murder.
Shah Rahman was arrested in September and charged with murder the following day.
All four were convicted today and Shaid admitted supplying two false defence case statements which caused the first trial to be abandoned.
They will be sentenced on July 23.
Detective Inspector Dan Setter, investigating officer, said: “This was a brazen attack in a residential street in broad daylight, which involved shooting a man in the back, stabbing him and chasing him down the street.
“Mr Roper’s death stemmed from a dispute over the suspects’ involvement in drug dealing; an activity, which was taking place in the street where Mr Roper lived, which he deplored.
Detectives used all the tools at their disposal to arrest and bring all four to justice.
“It takes courage to give evidence against local drug dealers. I would particularly like to thank all the witnesses who were willing to give evidence as it is difficult for us to do our job without them.”