Man in court after fatal shooting of Brenton Roper in Bromley-by-Bow
- Credit: Mike Brooke
A fourth man has appeared in court today following the fatal shooting of 41-year-old Brenton Roper outside his home in Bromley-by-Bow in May.
Shah Mohammed Rahman, 27, from Longbridge Road in Dagenham, appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court charged with Brenton’s murder in Eagling Close on May 13.
Three others previously charged with the murder, all aged 27, are due to appear in custody at the Old Bailey next Thursday.
They are Mohammed Shaid from Arrow Road in Bromley-by-Bow, Monzur Ahmed from Whitethorn Street in Mile End and Foyzur Rahman from Beveridge Mews in Stepney.
A 26-year-old man previously arrested by detectives from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command in July on suspicion of murder was arrested a second time this week on suspicion of possession of cannabis, together with a 26-year-old on suspicion of assisting an offender. Both have been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
A 54-year-old arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender has also been released under investigation. Two teenagers arrested on May 13 on suspicion of murder have since been released with no further action.
Brenton died outside a neighbour’s house just 30 yards from his home in the quiet cul-de-sac off Campbell Road.
- 1 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 2 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 9 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 10 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End