Man in court after fatal shooting of Brenton Roper in Bromley-by-Bow
- Credit: Mike Brooke
A fourth man has appeared in court today following the fatal shooting of 41-year-old Brenton Roper outside his home in Bromley-by-Bow in May.
Shah Mohammed Rahman, 27, from Longbridge Road in Dagenham, appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court charged with Brenton’s murder in Eagling Close on May 13.
Three others previously charged with the murder, all aged 27, are due to appear in custody at the Old Bailey next Thursday.
They are Mohammed Shaid from Arrow Road in Bromley-by-Bow, Monzur Ahmed from Whitethorn Street in Mile End and Foyzur Rahman from Beveridge Mews in Stepney.
A 26-year-old man previously arrested by detectives from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command in July on suspicion of murder was arrested a second time this week on suspicion of possession of cannabis, together with a 26-year-old on suspicion of assisting an offender. Both have been released under investigation.
A 54-year-old arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender has also been released under investigation. Two teenagers arrested on May 13 on suspicion of murder have since been released with no further action.
Brenton died outside a neighbour’s house just 30 yards from his home in the quiet cul-de-sac off Campbell Road.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 4 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 5 Free vegan food at Spitalfields Market
- 6 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 7 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 8 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed