Man in court after fatal shooting of Brenton Roper in Bromley-by-Bow
- Credit: Mike Brooke
A fourth man has appeared in court today following the fatal shooting of 41-year-old Brenton Roper outside his home in Bromley-by-Bow in May.
Shah Mohammed Rahman, 27, from Longbridge Road in Dagenham, appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court charged with Brenton’s murder in Eagling Close on May 13.
Three others previously charged with the murder, all aged 27, are due to appear in custody at the Old Bailey next Thursday.
They are Mohammed Shaid from Arrow Road in Bromley-by-Bow, Monzur Ahmed from Whitethorn Street in Mile End and Foyzur Rahman from Beveridge Mews in Stepney.
A 26-year-old man previously arrested by detectives from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command in July on suspicion of murder was arrested a second time this week on suspicion of possession of cannabis, together with a 26-year-old on suspicion of assisting an offender. Both have been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
A 54-year-old arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender has also been released under investigation. Two teenagers arrested on May 13 on suspicion of murder have since been released with no further action.
Brenton died outside a neighbour’s house just 30 yards from his home in the quiet cul-de-sac off Campbell Road.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 6 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 8 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'