Man in court charged with brother’s murder in Stepney flat
- Credit: Vickie Flores/Archant
A man has been charged with the murder of his older brother in his flat in London’s East End.
Juhol Ahmed, 29, appears in court today charged with killing 36-year-old Ruhel Ahmed at Timor House in Duckett Street, on Stepney’s Ocean housing estate.
Police answered a 999 call to the flat at 7.15pm last Thursday when Ruhel’s body was discovered.
A man was later arrested in hospital in east London where he was being treated for a hand injury and was later held in custody, Scotland Yard have confirmed.
Juhol Ahmed was formally charged last night with murder between August 27 and September 3.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to appear in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court.
A post-mortem examination at Poplar Mortuary on Saturday found cause of death to be compression to the neck.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 4 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 7 Photography celebrating Roman Road displayed in high street windows
- 8 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 9 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Detectives are not seeking anyone else in connection with the investigation, but continue looking into the circumstances of Ruhel’s death.
A witness appeal has been issued by the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command for anyone with information to call the incident room on 020-8345 3862, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.