Man in court charged with brother’s murder in Stepney flat
- Credit: Vickie Flores/Archant
A man has been charged with the murder of his older brother in his flat in London’s East End.
Juhol Ahmed, 29, appears in court today charged with killing 36-year-old Ruhel Ahmed at Timor House in Duckett Street, on Stepney’s Ocean housing estate.
Police answered a 999 call to the flat at 7.15pm last Thursday when Ruhel’s body was discovered.
A man was later arrested in hospital in east London where he was being treated for a hand injury and was later held in custody, Scotland Yard have confirmed.
Juhol Ahmed was formally charged last night with murder between August 27 and September 3.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to appear in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court.
A post-mortem examination at Poplar Mortuary on Saturday found cause of death to be compression to the neck.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Detectives are not seeking anyone else in connection with the investigation, but continue looking into the circumstances of Ruhel’s death.
A witness appeal has been issued by the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command for anyone with information to call the incident room on 020-8345 3862, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.