Man in court charged with brother’s murder in Stepney flat
- Credit: Vickie Flores/Archant
A man has been charged with the murder of his older brother in his flat in London’s East End.
Juhol Ahmed, 29, appears in court today charged with killing 36-year-old Ruhel Ahmed at Timor House in Duckett Street, on Stepney’s Ocean housing estate.
Police answered a 999 call to the flat at 7.15pm last Thursday when Ruhel’s body was discovered.
A man was later arrested in hospital in east London where he was being treated for a hand injury and was later held in custody, Scotland Yard have confirmed.
Juhol Ahmed was formally charged last night with murder between August 27 and September 3.
You may also want to watch:
He is due to appear in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court.
A post-mortem examination at Poplar Mortuary on Saturday found cause of death to be compression to the neck.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 4 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
Detectives are not seeking anyone else in connection with the investigation, but continue looking into the circumstances of Ruhel’s death.
A witness appeal has been issued by the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command for anyone with information to call the incident room on 020-8345 3862, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.