Man in court charged with brother’s murder in Stepney flat
- Credit: Vickie Flores/Archant
A man has been charged with the murder of his older brother in his flat in London’s East End.
Juhol Ahmed, 29, appears in court today charged with killing 36-year-old Ruhel Ahmed at Timor House in Duckett Street, on Stepney’s Ocean housing estate.
Police answered a 999 call to the flat at 7.15pm last Thursday when Ruhel’s body was discovered.
A man was later arrested in hospital in east London where he was being treated for a hand injury and was later held in custody, Scotland Yard have confirmed.
Juhol Ahmed was formally charged last night with murder between August 27 and September 3.
He is due to appear in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court.
A post-mortem examination at Poplar Mortuary on Saturday found cause of death to be compression to the neck.
- 1 Archie Battersbee dies: Hospital staff showed 'extraordinary compassion'
- 2 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 3 Canary Wharf Underground station stabbing leaves man in hospital
- 4 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 5 Leyton Orient 'don't really need' Forest Green Rovers cup tie says Wellens
- 6 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 7 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 8 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 9 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 10 We need a couple of bodies says Leyton Orient boss Wellens
Detectives are not seeking anyone else in connection with the investigation, but continue looking into the circumstances of Ruhel’s death.
A witness appeal has been issued by the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command for anyone with information to call the incident room on 020-8345 3862, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.