Man in court charged with wife’s murder at flat in Bow
A man charged with the murder of his wife is due in court today in east London.
Police were called to a flat at Bow’s Newmill House in Devas Street on Friday at 4.20pm.
Officers found the body of a 28-year-old woman who was pronounced dead at the scene.
A murder investigation was launched by the Met’s Homicide & Serious Crime Command following the death.
Police have formally identified the woman as Rushna Begum who lived in the block.
You may also want to watch:
The woman’s 34-year-old husband was arrested later the same day. Sheikh Shahidul Islam was charged on yesterday (Sunday) with Rushna’s murder.
He appears in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court this-morning.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 3 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 8 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 9 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 10 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones