Man in court charged with wife’s murder at flat in Bow
A man charged with the murder of his wife is due in court today in east London.
Police were called to a flat at Bow’s Newmill House in Devas Street on Friday at 4.20pm.
Officers found the body of a 28-year-old woman who was pronounced dead at the scene.
A murder investigation was launched by the Met’s Homicide & Serious Crime Command following the death.
Police have formally identified the woman as Rushna Begum who lived in the block.
You may also want to watch:
The woman’s 34-year-old husband was arrested later the same day. Sheikh Shahidul Islam was charged on yesterday (Sunday) with Rushna’s murder.
He appears in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court this-morning.
- 1 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 5 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 6 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Shadrach Ogie back in contention for O's trip to Bristol Rovers
- 9 Orient aiming to climb the table with first away win of the season
- 10 Toynbee Hall photo exhibition tells community's stories of lockdown