Man in court charged with wife’s murder at flat in Bow
A man charged with the murder of his wife is due in court today in east London.
Police were called to a flat at Bow’s Newmill House in Devas Street on Friday at 4.20pm.
Officers found the body of a 28-year-old woman who was pronounced dead at the scene.
A murder investigation was launched by the Met’s Homicide & Serious Crime Command following the death.
Police have formally identified the woman as Rushna Begum who lived in the block.
You may also want to watch:
The woman’s 34-year-old husband was arrested later the same day. Sheikh Shahidul Islam was charged on yesterday (Sunday) with Rushna’s murder.
He appears in custody at Thames Magistrates’ Court this-morning.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt