Man jailed for murdering wife in E7
- Credit: Archant
A man has been sentenced to life imprisonment after murdering his wife in east London.
Rojel Haque, 40, of Shrewsbury Road, E7, stabbed Anu Kapoor, the mother of his two children, in the chest at their home address on August 4 last year.
He pleaded guilty to murder at Blackfriars Crown Court on Monday and was sentenced yesterday to at least 16 years in prison.
Haque called police to the scene of the stabbing at approximately 4.50pm on August 4.
He said that he had come home from work to find his 27-year-old wife stabbed.
You may also want to watch:
Officers and London Ambulance Service attended and Ms Kapoor, a receptionist at a firm of solicitors, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The couple had an eight-year-old daughter and two-year-old son.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff explains the reasoning for dropping Jamie Turley to the bench
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 4 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 5 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out
- 6 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 8 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 9 It was a big opportunity missed for Leyton Orient says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 10 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape