Man jailed for murdering wife in E7
- Credit: Archant
A man has been sentenced to life imprisonment after murdering his wife in east London.
Rojel Haque, 40, of Shrewsbury Road, E7, stabbed Anu Kapoor, the mother of his two children, in the chest at their home address on August 4 last year.
He pleaded guilty to murder at Blackfriars Crown Court on Monday and was sentenced yesterday to at least 16 years in prison.
Haque called police to the scene of the stabbing at approximately 4.50pm on August 4.
He said that he had come home from work to find his 27-year-old wife stabbed.
You may also want to watch:
Officers and London Ambulance Service attended and Ms Kapoor, a receptionist at a firm of solicitors, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The couple had an eight-year-old daughter and two-year-old son.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets
- 9 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 10 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries