Man jailed for murdering wife in E7
- Credit: Archant
A man has been sentenced to life imprisonment after murdering his wife in east London.
Rojel Haque, 40, of Shrewsbury Road, E7, stabbed Anu Kapoor, the mother of his two children, in the chest at their home address on August 4 last year.
He pleaded guilty to murder at Blackfriars Crown Court on Monday and was sentenced yesterday to at least 16 years in prison.
Haque called police to the scene of the stabbing at approximately 4.50pm on August 4.
He said that he had come home from work to find his 27-year-old wife stabbed.
Officers and London Ambulance Service attended and Ms Kapoor, a receptionist at a firm of solicitors, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The couple had an eight-year-old daughter and two-year-old son.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 3 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 4 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 5 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 6 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 7 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 8 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021
- 9 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 10 Reports of man 'carrying metal pole' in Isle of Dogs