Man jailed for murdering wife in E7
- Credit: Archant
A man has been sentenced to life imprisonment after murdering his wife in east London.
Rojel Haque, 40, of Shrewsbury Road, E7, stabbed Anu Kapoor, the mother of his two children, in the chest at their home address on August 4 last year.
He pleaded guilty to murder at Blackfriars Crown Court on Monday and was sentenced yesterday to at least 16 years in prison.
Haque called police to the scene of the stabbing at approximately 4.50pm on August 4.
He said that he had come home from work to find his 27-year-old wife stabbed.
You may also want to watch:
Officers and London Ambulance Service attended and Ms Kapoor, a receptionist at a firm of solicitors, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The couple had an eight-year-old daughter and two-year-old son.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe