Man jailed for murdering wife in E7
- Credit: Archant
A man has been sentenced to life imprisonment after murdering his wife in east London.
Rojel Haque, 40, of Shrewsbury Road, E7, stabbed Anu Kapoor, the mother of his two children, in the chest at their home address on August 4 last year.
He pleaded guilty to murder at Blackfriars Crown Court on Monday and was sentenced yesterday to at least 16 years in prison.
Haque called police to the scene of the stabbing at approximately 4.50pm on August 4.
He said that he had come home from work to find his 27-year-old wife stabbed.
You may also want to watch:
Officers and London Ambulance Service attended and Ms Kapoor, a receptionist at a firm of solicitors, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The couple had an eight-year-old daughter and two-year-old son.
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 8 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 10 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings