Jailed: Bethnal Green man who had Harry Potter-inspired paedophile manual on his computer
- Credit: Met Police
A man from Bethnal Green who admitted to possessing five paedophile manuals and more than 17,000 indecent images of children has been jailed for a year.
Robert Ginn, 56, of Bonner Street was handed the 12-month sentence at Snaresbrook Crown Court today (Monday) after admitting five counts of posessing a paedophile manual and three counts of making indecent photographs of a child at an earlier hearing.
The court heard that these included a Harry Potter-inspired manual and a three-part guide on how to abuse children aged between three and eight.
These were stored on his computer hard drives along with the images and movies, 526 of which were category A - the most serious.
Michael Oatley, from the Crown Prosecution Service, said: “Robert Ginn kept a number of paedophile manuals that detailed horrific ways in which to sexually abuse and manipulate young children.
You may also want to watch:
“We will prosecute those who break the law and pose a risk to young people.”
Ginn was also given a sexual harm prevention order until further notice.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 3 Leyton Orient boosted by potential returns of Smyth and Drinan for Salford trip
- 4 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 5 Budding east London cricketers invited to watch The Hundred
- 6 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 7 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 8 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 9 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 10 Youngsters have put themselves in Jackett's plans at Orient says Pratley