Jailed: Bethnal Green man who had Harry Potter-inspired paedophile manual on his computer
- Credit: Met Police
A man from Bethnal Green who admitted to possessing five paedophile manuals and more than 17,000 indecent images of children has been jailed for a year.
Robert Ginn, 56, of Bonner Street was handed the 12-month sentence at Snaresbrook Crown Court today (Monday) after admitting five counts of posessing a paedophile manual and three counts of making indecent photographs of a child at an earlier hearing.
The court heard that these included a Harry Potter-inspired manual and a three-part guide on how to abuse children aged between three and eight.
These were stored on his computer hard drives along with the images and movies, 526 of which were category A - the most serious.
Michael Oatley, from the Crown Prosecution Service, said: “Robert Ginn kept a number of paedophile manuals that detailed horrific ways in which to sexually abuse and manipulate young children.
You may also want to watch:
“We will prosecute those who break the law and pose a risk to young people.”
Ginn was also given a sexual harm prevention order until further notice.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Rotherhithe tunnel to close all next week for urgent repairs