Jailed: Bethnal Green man who had Harry Potter-inspired paedophile manual on his computer
- Credit: Met Police
A man from Bethnal Green who admitted to possessing five paedophile manuals and more than 17,000 indecent images of children has been jailed for a year.
Robert Ginn, 56, of Bonner Street was handed the 12-month sentence at Snaresbrook Crown Court today (Monday) after admitting five counts of posessing a paedophile manual and three counts of making indecent photographs of a child at an earlier hearing.
The court heard that these included a Harry Potter-inspired manual and a three-part guide on how to abuse children aged between three and eight.
These were stored on his computer hard drives along with the images and movies, 526 of which were category A - the most serious.
Michael Oatley, from the Crown Prosecution Service, said: “Robert Ginn kept a number of paedophile manuals that detailed horrific ways in which to sexually abuse and manipulate young children.
You may also want to watch:
“We will prosecute those who break the law and pose a risk to young people.”
Ginn was also given a sexual harm prevention order until further notice.
- 1 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 6 Jailed: Smash-and-grab perfume raiders get 18 years between them
- 7 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 8 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest
- 9 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 10 Appeal for dashcam footage following stabbing in Stepney churchyard