Man killed in Stepney collision
- Credit: Andy Coleborn
A man was killed after a collision with a lorry in Stepney this morning.
The man, in his 60s, received serious injuries in the incident, which took place near a crossing in Commercial Road, close to Watney Market, shortly after 10.30am.
London Ambulance and the London Air Ambulance attended, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The lorry, which is described as being a tipper truck, failed to stop.
Road closures are in place around the area as police enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
The man’s next of kin have not yet been informed.
- 1 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 2 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 5 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 10 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor