Man killed in Stepney collision
- Credit: Andy Coleborn
A man was killed after a collision with a lorry in Stepney this morning.
The man, in his 60s, received serious injuries in the incident, which took place near a crossing in Commercial Road, close to Watney Market, shortly after 10.30am.
London Ambulance and the London Air Ambulance attended, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The lorry, which is described as being a tipper truck, failed to stop.
Road closures are in place around the area as police enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
The man’s next of kin have not yet been informed.
- 1 Tackling Covid blamed for yet more threats to public services
- 2 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 3 Windows smashed in Extinction Rebellion protest at Canary Wharf bank HQ
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 5 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 6 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 7 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 8 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 9 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 10 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water