Man killed in Stepney collision
- Credit: Andy Coleborn
A man was killed after a collision with a lorry in Stepney this morning.
The man, in his 60s, received serious injuries in the incident, which took place near a crossing in Commercial Road, close to Watney Market, shortly after 10.30am.
London Ambulance and the London Air Ambulance attended, but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The lorry, which is described as being a tipper truck, failed to stop.
Road closures are in place around the area as police enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
The man’s next of kin have not yet been informed.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 5 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 6 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences