Man pleads not guilty over Bethnal Green pensioner’s death
A man has denied killing a 73-year-old woman in a block in Bethnal Green in March.
Eileen Jones was discovered in the flat in Virginia Road by police officers.
Christopher Newton, 45, of Bow Road, today pleaded not guilty to the killing at the Old Bailey.
He appeared via video link and has been remanded in custody until a trial on November 21.
The post mortem into the cause of death has still not published its results.
You may also want to watch:
A woman and another man arrested on March 23 have been bailed.
- 1 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 5 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 6 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 9 Orient aiming to climb the table with first away win of the season
- 10 Shadrach Ogie back in contention for O's trip to Bristol Rovers