Man pleads not guilty over Bethnal Green pensioner’s death
A man has denied killing a 73-year-old woman in a block in Bethnal Green in March.
Eileen Jones was discovered in the flat in Virginia Road by police officers.
Christopher Newton, 45, of Bow Road, today pleaded not guilty to the killing at the Old Bailey.
He appeared via video link and has been remanded in custody until a trial on November 21.
The post mortem into the cause of death has still not published its results.
A woman and another man arrested on March 23 have been bailed.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 5 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 6 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
- 7 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 8 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 9 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 10 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021