Man pleads not guilty over Bethnal Green pensioner’s death
A man has denied killing a 73-year-old woman in a block in Bethnal Green in March.
Eileen Jones was discovered in the flat in Virginia Road by police officers.
Christopher Newton, 45, of Bow Road, today pleaded not guilty to the killing at the Old Bailey.
He appeared via video link and has been remanded in custody until a trial on November 21.
The post mortem into the cause of death has still not published its results.
You may also want to watch:
A woman and another man arrested on March 23 have been bailed.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 9 Lockdown dancing in your own living room goes online from Canary Wharf
- 10 Tower of London's Queen raven feared dead