Man pleads not guilty over Bethnal Green pensioner’s death
A man has denied killing a 73-year-old woman in a block in Bethnal Green in March.
Eileen Jones was discovered in the flat in Virginia Road by police officers.
Christopher Newton, 45, of Bow Road, today pleaded not guilty to the killing at the Old Bailey.
He appeared via video link and has been remanded in custody until a trial on November 21.
The post mortem into the cause of death has still not published its results.
You may also want to watch:
A woman and another man arrested on March 23 have been bailed.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff explains the reasoning for dropping Jamie Turley to the bench
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 6 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out
- 8 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 9 Fundraiser launched after school families suffer 'so many Covid deaths'
- 10 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape