Man seriously injured in hit-and-run in Stepney
- Credit: Archant
A man has been seriously injured in a hit and run in Stepney in the early hours of this morning.
The 39-year-old has sustained life-changing injuries following the crash in Commercial Road near the junction with Belgrave Street at around 1.15am.
He was rushed to a hospital in east London where he is in a serious condition.
The driver of the black car involved did not stop at the scene.
Officers from the Met’s roads and transport policing command would like to speak with anyone who witnessed the crash or saw the car speeding away from the area.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call the serious collision investigation unit on 020 8597 4874 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 2 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 3 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 4 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 5 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 6 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 7 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 8 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 9 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 10 Man who died in Mile End park named