Man seriously injured in hit-and-run in Stepney
- Credit: Archant
A man has been seriously injured in a hit and run in Stepney in the early hours of this morning.
The 39-year-old has sustained life-changing injuries following the crash in Commercial Road near the junction with Belgrave Street at around 1.15am.
He was rushed to a hospital in east London where he is in a serious condition.
The driver of the black car involved did not stop at the scene.
Officers from the Met’s roads and transport policing command would like to speak with anyone who witnessed the crash or saw the car speeding away from the area.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call the serious collision investigation unit on 020 8597 4874 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 2 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 3 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 8 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 9 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 10 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow