Man seriously injured in hit-and-run in Stepney
- Credit: Archant
A man has been seriously injured in a hit and run in Stepney in the early hours of this morning.
The 39-year-old has sustained life-changing injuries following the crash in Commercial Road near the junction with Belgrave Street at around 1.15am.
He was rushed to a hospital in east London where he is in a serious condition.
The driver of the black car involved did not stop at the scene.
Officers from the Met’s roads and transport policing command would like to speak with anyone who witnessed the crash or saw the car speeding away from the area.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call the serious collision investigation unit on 020 8597 4874 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact