Man shot at Bromley-by-Bow station
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a man was shot with a fake gun at Bromley-by-Bow station.
The 39-year-old suffered an injury to his lip after his attacker fired at him on board an eastbound Hammersmith and City Line train.
The victim had spoken to his attacker, who he believed was a beggar, before he was threatened and shot on March 23 around 11pm.
Det Con Gerard Hughes, investigating officer, said: “I am keen to speak with anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has any information relating to the incident that could help with investigation.
“I am keen to stress that incidents of this nature are extremely rare. We do not tolerate behaviour of this nature anywhere on the transport network.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should contact British Transport Police 0800 40 50 40 or text 61016 citing reference 301 30/03/2017.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines