Man shot at Bromley-by-Bow station
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a man was shot with a fake gun at Bromley-by-Bow station.
The 39-year-old suffered an injury to his lip after his attacker fired at him on board an eastbound Hammersmith and City Line train.
The victim had spoken to his attacker, who he believed was a beggar, before he was threatened and shot on March 23 around 11pm.
Det Con Gerard Hughes, investigating officer, said: “I am keen to speak with anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has any information relating to the incident that could help with investigation.
“I am keen to stress that incidents of this nature are extremely rare. We do not tolerate behaviour of this nature anywhere on the transport network.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should contact British Transport Police 0800 40 50 40 or text 61016 citing reference 301 30/03/2017.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse