Man sought after murder at Whitechapel hostel
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are hunting an African man after a murder at a Whitechapel hostel.
Police want to speak to Mehretab Zemichael after a man’s body was found at Daniel Gilbert house, a hostel for the homeless in Code Street yesterday (Saturday) afternoon.
Detectives have launched a murder investigation and want to speak to Zemichael, who was last seen at the hostel in the early hours of Saturday.
He is a 42-year-old from Eritrea, and police are warning people not to approach him but call 999.
Police believe they know the identity of the dead man, aged in his 40’s, but he has yet to be formally identified and his next of kin informed.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination is to be arranged and no arrests have been made, the Metropolitan Police said.
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8345 1570 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 5 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020