Man sought after murder at Whitechapel hostel
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are hunting an African man after a murder at a Whitechapel hostel.
Police want to speak to Mehretab Zemichael after a man’s body was found at Daniel Gilbert house, a hostel for the homeless in Code Street yesterday (Saturday) afternoon.
Detectives have launched a murder investigation and want to speak to Zemichael, who was last seen at the hostel in the early hours of Saturday.
He is a 42-year-old from Eritrea, and police are warning people not to approach him but call 999.
Police believe they know the identity of the dead man, aged in his 40’s, but he has yet to be formally identified and his next of kin informed.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination is to be arranged and no arrests have been made, the Metropolitan Police said.
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8345 1570 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park