Man sought after murder at Whitechapel hostel
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are hunting an African man after a murder at a Whitechapel hostel.
Police want to speak to Mehretab Zemichael after a man’s body was found at Daniel Gilbert house, a hostel for the homeless in Code Street yesterday (Saturday) afternoon.
Detectives have launched a murder investigation and want to speak to Zemichael, who was last seen at the hostel in the early hours of Saturday.
He is a 42-year-old from Eritrea, and police are warning people not to approach him but call 999.
Police believe they know the identity of the dead man, aged in his 40’s, but he has yet to be formally identified and his next of kin informed.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination is to be arranged and no arrests have been made, the Metropolitan Police said.
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8345 1570 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Jailed: East End county lines dealers who peddled heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Shamima Begum cannot return to UK, Supreme Court rules
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Tideway super sewer arrives at Tower Bridge ready to bore east London
- 5 Shamima Begum will find out this week if she can return from Syria
- 6 Fear of mental health crisis as loneliness rises among disabled
- 7 Flower markets appeal to be allowed to open in time for Mother's Day
- 8 East Ham man raped woman with his friend in Wapping park 23 years ago
- 9 Police raid cannabis cafe in 200-year-old Whitechapel building
- 10 Thugs attack each other with bottles of wine in supermarket mass brawl