Man suspected of police assaults hunted by detectives in Tower Hamlets and Hackney
- Credit: Archant
A man who assaulted four police officers is wanted by detectives after breaking his bail conditions.
Anthony Smith, 26, failed to appear at a hearing at Thames Magistrates Court last week.
He had been charged with the assault of four Tower Hamlets police officers, as well as racially aggravated threatening behaviour towards staff at an east London hospital.
Sgt Michael Ferrett, of the wanted offenders unit of Tower Hamlets police, said: “It is all our interests Smith is brought back before the court as soon as possible.”
Police suspect Smith could be using a number of different names, and believe he remains in the Tower Hamlets or Hackney area.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the public are advised not to approach him, but to call 999 if they see him.
Information leading to his capture can be sent to the Tower Hamlets Police by calling 101, or given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 2 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 3 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy