Jailed: ‘Dangerous’ Poplar paedophile found with hundreds of indecent images of children
- Credit: Archant
A “dangerous” paedophile from Poplar who was caught with more than 400 indecent images of children has been jailed.
Brian Wood, 38, of Goodway Gardens, was sentenced to five years and four months imprisonment at Ipswich Crown Court on Friday, October 23 after the images were found on his phone.
Investigating officer Detective Constable Mark Peacock, from the Colchester child abuse investigation team, said: “Brian Wood is a dangerous sexual predator who poses a very real risk to children.”
Wood was arrested when Essex Police raided a property in Winsley Road, Colchester on November 19 last year after gaining information the internet connection at the address had been used to access indecent images of children.
Officers from the police online investigation team (POLIT) seized Wood’s phone containing the images and video, including some he had taken himself.
Essex Police said all the children involved in the images have been identified.
Wood was later charged with possession of indecent images of children, two counts of making indecent images of children, attempting to distribute an indecent image, and sexual activity with a child.
- 1 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 2 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 3 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Jackett looks at positives from Port Vale point
- 10 ‘Manhattanisation’ of Isle of Dogs concerns residents
He pleaded guilty to all charges in July before his sentencing last week.
Det Con Peacock said: “(Wood) had the audacity to claim during interview to be a paedophile hunter himself and wanted to expose the people who exploited and abused young children.
“His offending was discovered by some excellent work conducted by the POLIT where his true motives were uncovered.
“This conviction is the result of some excellent work between some of our different teams and emphasises we will catch and bring those to justice who exploit young vulnerable children in the community.”