Jailed: ‘Dangerous’ Poplar paedophile found with hundreds of indecent images of children
- Credit: Archant
A “dangerous” paedophile from Poplar who was caught with more than 400 indecent images of children has been jailed.
Brian Wood, 38, of Goodway Gardens, was sentenced to five years and four months imprisonment at Ipswich Crown Court on Friday, October 23 after the images were found on his phone.
Investigating officer Detective Constable Mark Peacock, from the Colchester child abuse investigation team, said: “Brian Wood is a dangerous sexual predator who poses a very real risk to children.”
Wood was arrested when Essex Police raided a property in Winsley Road, Colchester on November 19 last year after gaining information the internet connection at the address had been used to access indecent images of children.
Officers from the police online investigation team (POLIT) seized Wood’s phone containing the images and video, including some he had taken himself.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police said all the children involved in the images have been identified.
Wood was later charged with possession of indecent images of children, two counts of making indecent images of children, attempting to distribute an indecent image, and sexual activity with a child.
- 1 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 2 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 3 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 9 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 10 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
He pleaded guilty to all charges in July before his sentencing last week.
Det Con Peacock said: “(Wood) had the audacity to claim during interview to be a paedophile hunter himself and wanted to expose the people who exploited and abused young children.
“His offending was discovered by some excellent work conducted by the POLIT where his true motives were uncovered.
“This conviction is the result of some excellent work between some of our different teams and emphasises we will catch and bring those to justice who exploit young vulnerable children in the community.”