Husband and wife attacked on 108 bus in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating an unprovoked attack on a married couple travelling on a bus have released CCTV images of a man they want to speak to.
The man and woman, both aged 28, were attacked on a 108 bus between Tunnel Avenue, North Greenwich, and Limehouse Town Hall in Commercial Road after about 7.50pm on October 7 last year.
The suspect pressed the stop bell seconds before punching the woman several times in a completely unprovoked assault which left her with a fractured skull.
When her husband tried to protect her the suspect went for him too causing swelling and bruising to his face.
The thug fled towards Cotton Street, Poplar, after pressing the emergency stop button to open the bus doors.
You may also want to watch:
DC Lorcan Wolujewicz said: “This vicious, unprovoked attack has left the victims very shaken, with one sustaining serious injuries.
“If you have any information which could assist this investigation, please get in touch.”
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 4 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 7 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 8 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 9 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 10 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
He is described as a black man with short black hair, no facial hair, around 25-years-old and about 5ft 10ins tall. He was wearing a black jacket and trousers.
Call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org