Husband and wife attacked on 108 bus in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating an unprovoked attack on a married couple travelling on a bus have released CCTV images of a man they want to speak to.
The man and woman, both aged 28, were attacked on a 108 bus between Tunnel Avenue, North Greenwich, and Limehouse Town Hall in Commercial Road after about 7.50pm on October 7 last year.
The suspect pressed the stop bell seconds before punching the woman several times in a completely unprovoked assault which left her with a fractured skull.
When her husband tried to protect her the suspect went for him too causing swelling and bruising to his face.
The thug fled towards Cotton Street, Poplar, after pressing the emergency stop button to open the bus doors.
You may also want to watch:
DC Lorcan Wolujewicz said: “This vicious, unprovoked attack has left the victims very shaken, with one sustaining serious injuries.
“If you have any information which could assist this investigation, please get in touch.”
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 5 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
He is described as a black man with short black hair, no facial hair, around 25-years-old and about 5ft 10ins tall. He was wearing a black jacket and trousers.
Call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org